4 years ago
Seems like just yesterday
and a
life time ago.

September 5th, 2010,
I and my family took the biggest
leap in faith.
We were adopting an 13 year old girl
who was born and raised in China.
Her paperwork gave us hints of what
her personality was.
Strong will
Outspoken
Not doing well in school.
We knew we had a lot of work to do with
this precious child.
I did a lot of praying every night
to God to give me the
tools to raise her.
God was with me the whole way thru
the adoption process and
has continued to be with me,
when we hit roadblocks or
new obstacles we continue
to have complete faith in God.
Moments after meeting Erin
we could tell she was going to
challenge us to the max,
not realizing what we view as the max
and what she viewed as the max were two completely different things
The first 6 months of her being home
were the darkest months I have
experience in my life.
She test me all the way
down to my core.
Made me questions momentarily many
times a day if I was the right mother for her,
yet God kept saying
Have faith in me, you are not alone,
and YES you are
her MOTHER.
The village also told me that repeatedly.
I was very open both on the blog (can go to the side bar
and click on postings from Sept. 2010 and on) and in person
about the struggles
that Erin was experiencing,
The struggles that I was experiencing with
her and becoming a single parent home,
The struggles that Dave was having
of his daughter hating him completely,
The struggles that 1 nine old and 2 8 years old
not understanding why Erin was so cruel
to their mom, dad, other family member and them,
and her taking all their mom's time
away from them.
The struggles of my oldest daughter who was
starting
college and not understanding why Erin
wasn't happy to be here as for herself
she lived 16 years in China.
Yet God was there.
Gave me little glimmers of hope.
To take those little glimmers
and use that as strength
to continue,
even when I felt like I should
throw the towel in..
4 Years later,
This child of God
who is also my daughter
IS SIMPLY AMAZING.
This child that had walls so thick,
you could only chisel tiny pieces away at a time
because any bigger pieces left you
total exhausted and defeated.
She challenged everything
And we challenged her back.
18 months after coming home,
she finally started to show
her soul,
a healing soul,
a soul that can love and be loved,
a soul that can be happy and give happiness,
a soul that can be kind, and see kindness in others.
She has come so far in those short 4 years.
The resilient child who only knew
survival skills for 13 plus years
has learned how to live life
to the fullness and learning
how to live by God's word.
Happy 4 years.
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment