The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Monday, June 4, 2012

adding or subtracting years

Sunday the 3rd of June, I turned another year older.
I had to work.
Once finished with work, I headed over to the minute clinic at T*rget
because my ear hurt when I put my hearing aid in or took it out
sometimes when it got bumped it hurt.
I am waiting for my turn when my sister and brother in law come out of the clinic.
That was a nice treat to see them.
They have respiratory infections.  Hopefully they will feel better soon.
My diagnosis?  a very inflamed almost rupture eardrum.
Gotta love the oh so high pain tolerance.
The Nurse practitioner was surprised I wasn't having a lot of pain.
Came home to Dave and the 3 younger girls cooking an Italian supper for me.
Monika frosted these cup cakes,  It says Happy birthday Mom.



 This picture was taken after we went on a very long bike ride, so it not one of my better pictures.
Erin for the last few months has been going over to Dave's moms house and sewing.  She wanted to make a dress.  This is what it looked like.  Erin made me pose like this.  I felt like she was trying to make me feel or perhaps look younger.  She styled my hair and told me how to pose.  The sad news if you look closely the overlay skirt is not big enough.  I put a little or a lot of weight since I enter my 4th decade last year.

This is the dress she made without the overlay skirt  I can wear this without the overlay skirt.  She did a great job and had a great teacher.  She was very proud of herself and everyone told her she did a great job.

My girls and I.



After pictures, the 6 of us went biking, we showed Jade one of the bike trails we take.  We probably bike about 10 miles once we are finished.  It was a great way to end my birthday.  I keep adding a year on my birthday and making myself older and Erin tries to make me look younger.
I also received many birthday wishes from my friends and family on F*acebook and text messaging, thank you everyone, you made my day special.
I thank the Lord for giving me life and Thank you mom and dad for having me.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Great pictures!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's so sweet that Erin made the dress for you! What a thoughtful girl!! And by the way, you look really thin to me! :))

    ReplyDelete