Celebrating the 4th of July
Red, White and Blue
Earlier this week, I did an overnight with Monika and her girl scout troop. While we were on our overnight, my mom took care of the other 2 kids. They decided to decorate the house and yard for 4th of July. They did a great job with the streamers and the American flag.
Today we decided to go for a bike ride and picnic. We biked for about 45 minutes before taking a break and eating the wonderful lunch Jenny made us.
We stopped at the waterfall which was in it's glory since we have been having so much rain lately, The last time we visited it was a week after Jade arrived to America in 2008. The Falls wasn't quite rushing as much water then as it was today.
Monika and I
Katie and I
Jenny and I
Climbing on the rocks
hanging out at the swim hole.
The water felt so good
as we were biking and hiking
in 93 degree weather
Jenny showing off her balancing act
Posing Monika
After some more biking I decided to treat us to ice cream.
We jumped into a line,
waited for 20 minutes
to discover that the ice cream line was a separate line
luckily it wasn't that long.
Saluting to America.
Jade enjoyed her 4th of July in Washington DC as she is interenshiping there until late August.
Erin has been gone almost for 3 weeks with CCM. Can't wait to have her home next week.
Speaking of Erin,
Today at the park, it was extremely busy
people grilling,
people riding different kinds of bikes,
people walking/hiking,
People taking pictures of themselves with the waterfalls
People eating ice cream
and at the restaurant.
Katie, Jenny and I had to go to the bathroom, Monika didn't have to go.
She waited outside at the tables
Surrounded by all kinds of people
busy doing things with their families.
Monika knows the safety rules and I wasn't worried
as she was in a very public place,
she had my phone.
And I told her not to move.
While going to the bathroom,
A thought popped in my head
about Erin.
About her abandonment.
She was around 18 months
when she was found
at an amusement park.
I have thought many times since reading her referral paperwork
how scared she must have been wondering around
looking for her parent(s), or whoever brought her there.
But today,
it really hit me
The trust she must have had that they were going to come back and get her
the fear that she must have felt when she couldn't find them.
When we were all done in the bathroom and together again,
I looked around and everyone
was in their own world.
How long would it have taken for them to
realize Monika was alone?
I know the situation is different from an 18 months and a 10 year old,
but it really hit me hard.
I thank God that Erin was kept safe before being found
that he had his arm around her.
That she at the vital trust issue that they say develops before becoming a toddler in her.
It has been 14 1/4 years ago since
she was abandon.
It took her lest then 6 months to learn that she can trust me and her family.
It was probably a year after she came home,
that she believe that I would do anything for her
to keep her safe.

No comments:
Post a Comment