The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Sunday, September 25, 2011

A time to gather....

I am on the planning committee for
The gal that leads this is also the leader for CNY.  She is a wonderful person and so organized.  We have 145 people (with more kids then adults) here for the weekend at a resort.
My kids and neice Cassie (She is stepping in to be Erin's intepeter.) are having a blast like....
Like Jenny getting caught in the net by Cassie
 Monika playing Chinese Checkers with two friends who are also in Gymnastic with her
 Cassie and Erin (yes, a rare picture of her), all smile after participating in just teen savanger hunt that was slotted for 2 hours and only took them 45 minutes to do.
Standing on their hands
doing some creative thinking and positions in gymnastics along with meeting new friends that you have things in common with.

Jumping roping like Erin

hula hooping like MOnika

Glowing in the dark

Sitting on a scooter while big sister pulls you around

Swimming in the waterpark

Being on a hayride when it just stunning outside

Spending time with family, friends, old and new

and more waterpark

The atomsphere has been great, no complaints.  The above pictures are only some of the activities they did, we also had programming for the kids, smores, Hip Hop flip flops, movies, outdoor weddings (2 of them, they weren't part of our group but we watched them from our deck).
It is great seeing families that are made up similar to my family.  These kids enjoyed all the activities and learning some thing about their Chinese culture, but also to have a great time with other kids.  The parents get to know each other better and enjoy visiting with one another. 

I just recently became a member of FCA.  It used to be called FCC (Families with Children from China).  2 or 3 years ago, the FCC decided to changed to FCA (Families with Children from Asia).  I wasn't happy about this for many reasons, so I dropped out, other then staying on board with the CNY planning.  This spring when I joined the planning cummittee for culture camp, I decided I needed to support FCA if I am going to volunteer.  It is great to be part of this family and look forward to many more events with them

No comments:

Post a Comment