Sometimes it isn't always a good thing to be a nurse.
Just ask Katie.
When she had her first surgery in November, she only stayed 2 days instead of 5 because her surgeon could see that I knew how to take care of her ear and rib incisions along with the drain tubes.
Katie loved the hospital, she was spoiled with a huge huge tv that connected to internet too (got to admit I like that screen tv too), she had a bed that she could control up and down, She could order room service whenever she wanted to.
For the surgery in February, that was the minor one so far. She had to come home the same day. The surgery this past Wednesday is typically an overnight but because I am a nurse, she was sent home the same day. One disappointed little girl. But she got spoiled at home, so not all bad.
![]() |
| This was Katie's ear the night after surgery. There is a a little bit of swelling but not a lot. |
![]() | ||
| This Is Katie's ear Friday morning, very swollen, redden and very sensitive to touch. |
I am so grateful to the Lord, that Katie is having her little ear made into a big ear by this surgeon, He does such a awesome job and he talks so well to all of my younger kids, has a sense of humor with them, is very up front with everything and is readily available by phone if I have concerns.
Katie has been very clingy this time around. The other two surgeries she was clingy but nothing like this time around, not sure why. She is also full of energy and is wanting to be on the go all the time. She even forgets she has a 6 inch cut in the upper groin/lower stomach area, tonight she is complaining of the ear being itchy, in the past she had the bubble cup over the ear, so she would tap on that when she felt like she wants to itch, this time she can't have anything to protector her ear and she has done pretty good about not scratching or anything of that ear. Keep sending positive thoughts and prayers that her ear continues to do well and that Katie doesn't accidentally scratch the ear.



Wow, I can't believe how swollen it got.
ReplyDeleteI will continue to pray for her healing.
I'm so thankful to have found your blog so that I can see this process before my daughter has her surgery done.
That is amazing! I can't believe how well they can repair her sweet little ear! Absolutely a miracle!!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a great Mom!! I completely understand the nurse thing! Luke came home on his 5th day0 he was supposed to stay 7-10 days in the hospital. We were so happy to have him home but a bit nervous!
Blessings to you and to Katie!!
Hugs,
Jean