Back in March, the girls had the chance to go to a Taekwondo party (thanks to a very dear friend Mary P.), They were allow to invite friends. We could have a total of 20 people. The kids all had fun at this party and the owner Ricardo offer everyone one month of free Taekwondo classes. After talking with him, it was decided that we would wait until after Faith Formation finished up before we attended. I was upfront with Ricardo that we wouldn't be able to afford going after that one month even though we would want to. He told us that was fine, that he likes to teach and expose people to it. What a great opportunity for us. We wanted to go two days a week. We scheduled Wednesdays and Fridays starting 25th of April. Wednesday the 2nd, we learned enough kicks that Ricardo surprised us with White belts. This was something I wasn't expecting at all, seeing that we were only doing one month.
 |
| Monika striking a pose |
 |
| Me, I am taking the class too, I enjoying the classes and grateful for the exercise. I am realizing my brain is not as quick to responding anymore, so this is helping it to be more on the alert |
 |
| Katie's pose |
 |
| Katie and Monika posing at each other |
 |
| Front kick |
 |
| Jenny's pose |
 |
| Ready for Action. |
|
|
Erin also has taken a couple of the classes and earned her White Belt. She does a great job in class. She did tell me on the way home that she didn't want to do it. She said she doesn't have interest in it. After we got home, I talked a little bit more with her and from the little bits that I get out of her, I getting the impression that it is bring back some memories that are not good from China. She didn't come out and say it, but she talked a little bit about things and picking out things and reading thru the lines, that is what I am gathering. I also know from the stuff she has told me in the past it could be playing a part in it. I am sadden for her that those memories are being triggered, and that she won't join anymore. I will keep asking her each time we go in the next couple of weeks if she wants to go and maybe she will change her mind.
Thank you Master Ricardo from Ambition Taekwondo for teaching us.
No comments:
Post a Comment