It is amazing how much one year can make a difference.
Erin is 15 today.
Last year she turned 14, been home for 8 months and didn't want nothing to do with turning 14 or wanting a birthday, you can read about her
14th birthday (click on the purple part and it will bring you to my blog entry of her 14th birthday).
This year, she was excited and asked a lot of questions. She does ask me if I really think she is 15 because of her orphanage having wrong ages for some of the kids and that we don't have concentrate facts. I told her that this is her special day and this is her birthday. She is satisfy with that answer. I didn't get many good pictures as I had my camera on the wrong setting and the picture taker didn't know that.
Erin liked most of the gifts she got, there were some pieces of clothing that she wasn't wild about, but will be exchanged.
 |
| Opening her present from her dad. |
 |
Strawberry cake I made. I was hoping Erin would like it as she likes strawberries. She not much of a cake person, but she really liked this one. I used plain white frosting and then brought flavor strawberry powder and mixed it together. It tasted very good.
Tonight after all the kids got home from school, Erin got to pick the restaurant she wanted to eat at. She picked a Chinese buffet. We had a great supper. Afterwards we dropped Katie off at gymnastics. Monika didn't want to go once she found out that we would be hanging out with dad for awhile. Erin asked if we could go and play tennis. We stopped at home picked up 3 tennis rackets and headed to the park. Erin and Dave played the buck of the time, but I got some time in and so do Monika.
Erin and Dave. You can see that badminton serving in her. She still has it in her. She has talked about maybe doing badminton again.
Erin and I
Erin and I
It is so nice to see Erin happy and having some fun family time. Her wish is to bring JJ here. She talks about her almost everyday and gets to talk to her on the weekends thru QQ. Erin is trying so hard to figure out a way to bring JJ to America. Tonight at dinner she was asking me if I would adopt again, would it be a hearing or deaf child, a boy or a girl and that she wants to go with to China to pick up that sibling. I told her that we would go back to China, but adopting again, that is up to God. She continue to press me, and I told her that I would like to bring home another child, but right now, that isn't in the playing cards. I know that God always has the perfect plan and I just have to wait and see. She was ok with that answer. She was talking to another friend (in China) after we got home and that friend asked her if she hates China now. Erin came to me and asked me what does she say. I asked her if she hated China and she said "I don't Know". I know there are parts of her life in China that she hates, but she does have some good memories too. I told her to tell her friend that you are happier here in America, but that you don't hate China. Erin said that to her friend. Her friend wanted to know what about China she hated. Erin tried to explain about school, the abuse, I didn't hear anymore on it. I did tell her that she can love both places and doesn't have to pick one or the other. That China will always be part of her life, I think that made her feel better.
Happy birthday my beautiful amazing daughter, Erin. |
|
|
Happy Birthday Erin. Kailani remembers she plays good badminton.
ReplyDelete