The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Finding out I am a grandm* on H*lloween

Happy H*lloween everyone.

 Erin last night decided to dress up for H*lloween, she put some face makeup on with the help of her dad.  She was kinda a zombie.  Katie was a fairy goddess, Jenny Harry Potter, Monika a pile of leaves.  Their cousins Jacob dressed as a zombie, Cassie and her boyfriend Koudai part of a tv show that Monika loves.


Beautiful

Jenny trying to cast a spell on me
 The kids trick and treating at their own house.  I stayed behind to hand out candy and babysit my grandeggson.  It was nice outside and I am surprised that I didn't get more trick or treaters.  My sister law hung out with me and it was nice. 
I got home from work today, Erin had a huge smile on her face and needed to show me something.  She comes out with a little Gerber container and inside of this container was this:
 Hi name is Earc and he is Erin's baby for a week.  She has to write about it every night and she will do pediatric visits in school.  Since she went trick or treating, she had to pay her dad and I 2 hours of babysitting at 12 dollars an hour.  I really pray that isn't the going price for babysitters now.  Erin had a lot of questions about the night time and what happens if the baby is crying and you can't hear it because you are deaf, so I was able to explain some of the different things you have available that  you can use.  It was cute watching her being so protective of it and so worried about it breaking, falling or when she walks with it  she hovers it close to her body.  She was even seen petting it.

Erin and her son Earc.

She has told us stories about when she lived in China, she had to help younger kids and sometimes babies.  I don't think she really thought much about it, because she was forced to do it.  She has always been good with little ones, but with her egg baby, you can see that tender, protective side of her.
I think this will be a great learning experience for her.


No comments:

Post a Comment