Sunday was the last gymnastic meet for 2012-2013 season.
10 meets.
It has been so much fun watching Monika and Katie along with their teammates both in their level and higher levels each have such personal growth.
Arriving. We arrived when level 6 was half way down with their meet. It has helped the girls to get to meets earlier, it calms them down and they enjoy hanging out with teammates as they arrived.All the teams that were competing. This competition had level 4-7. It is fun watching the other levels too.
Katie discovering she can do this pose after seeing Monika do it and some of the teammates.
I can't believe I can do this. Monika is disbelief that she can do this pose after watching an teammate do it.
The host of the meet had a little photo op area. The girls look so small in the oversize chair
Picture with some of their teammates and 2 of the 4 coaches that were there.
Monika hugging the moose while sitting with her friend Isabella in the oversize chair.
Katie hanging out with teammates before the meet started. It is so nice that the teammates all get along so well.
Two of the coaches having some of the fun. These coaches have been with Monika and Katie since they were in level 4, they have gotten to watch them grow so much.
Monika having some fun with her friends
The level 5 girls. started with 23 girls at the start of the season. 5 moved up after state (wrote about that when it happen).
Monika getting her grips ready. This was her 3rd meet with the grips. The first meet, she warned me that she was going to get low score on the bars because she had only a couple of weeks to practice with grips as they change your hand position. The second meet, she told the coaches and I that she wanted to scratch on the bars because she was struggling, they didn't let her. This meet, she told me she was going to do ok on the bars. It was hard to see her go from high 8's to 7's when she got the grips. I prayed that she would get at least an 8.0 on the bars. The judging was very hard, but Monika got her 8.0 and she was very happy with that.Monika on the bars, the new camera I got from my parents and sister for Christmas does take awesome pictures, but I can't get consistent action pictures from it. Still got to work on learning everything about the camera
the girls after they were all done competing. What a great way to finish the meet. Together for the last time, as some of the girls will be moving up to a new level. They look so cozy.
We got 3rd place. I think most of us were surprised as we saw some big numbers come on the screen for other teams. What a way to finish the season.
Each of the kids that competed got stuffed moose, Katie named her "marshmellow", but unfortnautely lost it while watching level 7 compete. She was so sad.
Monika named her moose "Mossey" Their particapition medal (most of the meets doen't give individual placement awards to level 5)
I have mentioned before how much I am grateful for such an wonderful gymnastic gym. I have heard from many people , when they hear about our gym, that their gym is nothing like that. This gym is a close community, the girls are great supporters of one another, the coaches truly care for the girls. The families are supporters to one another and to the gymnasts.
Great Job Monika and Katie, it was great season for both of you.
Now it is time to learn new skills.

No comments:
Post a Comment