This is a big question for me today.
Digitialized or natural hearing.
approx. 8 years ago
I got a pair of digitialized hearing aides, got rid of the other hearing aides that amplied everything but didn't always benefit me in situations.
I still can remember how clear a lot of things became,
how a lot of the "white noise", static went away.
How I had programs on my hearing aides
vs amplication.
These hearing aides were so awesome and at the time I got them one of the newest digital hearing aides.
It was time for me to get new ones, as these were starting to wear out.
I met with my parent's audiologist, since I really don't have one anymore as my retired and my girls is a pedatric audiologist.
The ones I got were recondition hearing aides,
like new, except they are just old enough in the digitial word that they can't be program (programs updated and the audiologist doesn't have the programs anymore) just to my specific decibal hearing loss, but are program to an generalize hearing loss of my type.
These hearing aides are good, but sound different then the ones I had before.
I had an hour drive home to think about it,
noticed the radio sounded different,
I had a harder time recognizing the songs,
the semi truck driving by sounded different,
the girls talking in the back seat sounded different,
I could hear Katie better though.
The wind noise wasn't as loud.
The TV isn't up quite as loud
and Bob on biggest loser still sounds the same.
Talking on the phone doesn't sound different if I have the phone set right.
I remember when Monika tried Katie's Sophono on, she said it was loud and sounded a little bit like a robot.
Sometimes people will say something about a person/singer voice and I don't necessary think the same, is it because I just have a different opionion
or because it sounds different from the way they hear it.
What does it really sound like.
Witnessing what Katie heard when the Sophono was applied,
her brain should be used to those sounds as
she hears out of the other ear,
it was amazing to watch her hear new things.
When got her first set of hearing aides and then her new ones,
eventhough right now she is rebelling with the hearing aides, she heard so much that she hadn't heard before and a couple of times heard things I didn't ever hear.
My brother and sister both have bilateral cochlear inplants that they got in later life. They heard so many new things when they were hooked up.
I know digitial has come a long ways, but was very surprised how different these digitial hearing aides sound compared to my other digitial hearing aides.
So what is truly the natural hearing.
ponder on this.
I am grateful with my hearing.
Just curious what are the true sounds.

No comments:
Post a Comment