On Earth day, Monika and her teacher were talking and it was mention if I do this, you do that. She said her teacher said she would give up her beloved drink Mountain Dew for one week if Monika gave up electronics for one week. I emailed her teacher and she said she didn't think Monika was serious about it. I informed her Monika was up to the challenge. So the challenge was on. Monika loves electronics. Eventhough I don't let her have a lot (helps that she pretty busy with gymnastics and school work too), she really enjoys it in the morning before school. They agreed to do it last week from Monday to Monday (of this week). Sometimes it got hard for her as I didn't make her sisters stop watching TV. We had a couple long car rides where she read more then she usually did (usually they can have ipods with on long trips).
Both Monika and her teacher survived their weeks giving up something. Monika came to me and said she wanted to do one with me. She wrote a note that said "I will give up electronics if you buy 2 trees for the community" I asked if Grandpa's woods be community. She said yes and called my mom to see if I could buy two trees which they said was fine. This bet will start on Friday this week and go for one week.
I am very proud of Monika for doing this. I think it is a good learning experience that TV is not everything and there is so much more out there.
Good job Monika
11 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment