3 summer ago
Erin had been home for almost 11 months
I sent her to deaf Mission bible camp
in hopes she would open her eyes and mind to our
Savior.
She was going because she would be around deaf
people.
There was a women there that saw an lost girl who was
angry looking when she arrived.
Lynn took her under her wings that weekend.
slowly and tiny bit worked on Erin
to break down that wall that she had
so high around her about Jesus.
I was showing her Jesus way at home
without mentioning Jesus as she
had been raised to hate him.
I didn't make her go to church as that was the least of the problems
we needed her to feel safe and secure with us first
that was the top properity.
Lynn gave Erin and picture bible at the end of that weekend
Erin said a little bit about it the "Jesus" side of this camp
it was more about the people she met.
Fast forward to this past weekend.
I decided to go as a family instead of just sending her alone.
The past 4-5 months, Erin really has open up about God and Jesus.
She has develop a very close relationship with teenage boy that
has very strong Christian faith and his family shares it.
His mom and I have become great friends and she has
worked hard with Erin with teaching her
more in depth about our Savior as
teaching about our Savior isn't my strong point,
although I can show it.
She also decided she was going to accompany her son there and we brought his good friend with which Erin was also friends with.
once we got there, they relaxed a lot more.
One of the activites:
Polar Bearing at 7 AM
Katie and Jenny did it,
I was surprise how many kids got up that early to jump and swim in the lake.
Jenny having cool whip all over her. The object was trying to get as many cheese balls stuck to her. We failed miserable as we realized after we started that we should have put it on thick and not then. Jenny enjoyed every minute of getting smeared with whipped cream. We played different water balloon games, capture the flag and other games.
Friday night during Chapel time out of no where
I got an thunderclap migraine.
I normally don't get any warning when I am going to get them,
It feels like a baseball bat to my forehead
The pain is intense and will take me about 5 or 10 minutes
before my body can lessen the pain and but it on the back burner.
This one wasn't letting me do that
it stayed very strong and center.
People were noticing I wasn't right.
I prayed and it didn't seem to help.
Before I went to bed, Erin and I were talking about our day when she asked about accepting Jesus.
I had no idea how to speak the Lords words to walk her thru the steps of
accepting Jesus into her heart.
I reached out to my friend Ann who is an
wonderful teacher of the
bible.
Saturday morning, Erin asked Ann if Ann and I could help
her with accepting Jesus in her heart.
Ann was more then happy to help us.
After lunch
we found a quiet table under a shelter roof by the lake yet kinda of secluded.
It was a beautiful, calm perfect weather.
Perfect time for Erin.
Ann lead the conversation with me assisting.
Erin understood what we were saying
and explaining why she wanted to accept
Jesus in her heart.
She explained what it meant to do it.
Ann opened up her bible to read a verse.
right before she was ready to read the verse
The wind picked up
I held the pages so
she could read it.
Once it was all done and we hugged one another
Erin had a big smile on her face.
I went and found Lynn and told her the great news and thanked her again for planting that seed in Erin.
later that afternoon, Erin and her good friend was sitting on the left side of this shelter. Ann was sitting on the far right side of it. I was about 100 feet from them when we heard a big crack and bang. The 5 people under the shelter and anyone within 100 or so feet came running. Luckily no one was hurt. We questioned whether we pissed off the Devil or not
You can see the holes in the roof from where the tree landed. It had broken thru the roof just about Ann and Just above Erin and her friend. The rest of the shelter held up the tree from smashing all the way thru.
My girls nickname him bubbles. He was awesome with everyone. He has the sense of humor and knows how to apply that when talking about God. He was a lot of fun to talk to you and the girls adored him. He currently works in Japan so he is very familiar with Asian kids.
Erin knows how to speak the word of God, I was amaze and proud how well she spoke of it to some of her peers.
On the way home the 3 older kids (Erin, Ann's son and their friend Juan) talked almost 6 hours about Jesus: The Way, The Truth, The Life. It brought so much pride in Ann and I to watch our kids talk about it.
Monika, Katie, and Jenny enjoyed the weekend and they learned some things and made new friends. Was definitely something I would do again.

How exciting to hear that Erin accepted The Lord into her heart!! What a wonderful blessing that you were there and Able to share that precious moment with her!
ReplyDelete