The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Monday, August 5, 2013

playing it forward

In the summer of 2009 we saw Erin's picture for the first time and even though there was no talking about adopting again, she caught our eyes and pulled the heart strings.
we took the famous "leap of faith"
I knew God had this all under control,
It didn't stop me from worrying how we would be able to pay to get her home.
Spring of 2010 time was getting tighter and tighter
and after many fundraisers
working extra hours when I could
we were still very short on fees.
We wrote to many grant organizations asking for help.
We poured our souls into the applications on why
we were worthy enough to be approved.
We were denied by some before we finally got one that gave us a grant.
We received grants from:
A child Waits
Show Hope
A Gift of Adoption
Also the two agencies that worked with us to bring Erin home:
Crossroads Adoption Services
Madison Adoption Agency
We are so grateful for these organizations to help that last bit that we needed, along with all our family and friends that also contribute to bring Erin home.
Fundraising was so hard and time consuming and with the economy that way it is
and so many families that would like to adopt the waiting children
they need assistance too.
I play it forward and have an garage sale every year in mid July (yes this is a late posting) and donate the profit to the organizations.
Last year I started a new thing and donated some of the money to
a family that was leaving soon and was short on money.
This year I donate to this family:
they are bringing home a son and daughter this month.
 
This year we borrow hanging rack for clothes from a friend of my.  I decided that I wanted one of my own.  Dave offered to help and he taught Erin how to work the drill, how to measure and so forth.   It was a good teaching moment for her.
This is what the sale looked like.  So many people donated such great things.  It was extremely hot and humid the first day of the sale, didn't do as well as I have in the past on a Thursday.  Friday was a little bit cooler and had great sales on Friday and Saturday.  We didn't make our goal that I have set but I was still able to donate to everyone and that was a great feeling.

It is amazing how God works and has a plan, you just need to believe in it and know that things will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment