The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A month zooming past at lightening rate

It has been almost a month since I last wrote on the blog,
I believe I blinked and it flashed by.
We still are fostering Darla and learning
more and more about her
and how to care for a 
dog that was abused before 
coming to us.
May 25th is a big day for our family.
We got to add another important event to this day.
 Jade Graduated from St. Olaf College.
It was a hot day but the rain held off.

Grandma  Margaret was able to make it.
Jade with me, her dad and her dad from China.

It meant so much that her
dad and her cousin were able to come 
from China to see this special day with her.
This was both of them first time visiting USA.
Jade's dad doesn't show a lot of emotions,
but I wished I had a video of how 
excited he got when he saw Jade marched in
and when her name was called.  

Jade and her Cousin.

The May25th I became a mom to Monika

 
Here is the link about Monika's gotcha/family day
The past month or so Monika
is really starting to mature.
She is trying to give up some of the younger kids
behaviors and think more like an teenager.
She hasn't rebel or anything, but is becoming even
more vocal and blunt then she usually is.
She is cleaning her bedroom and getting rid of the 
"kiddie" stuff.
This is her Stay Fierce look.
I not sure why she calls it that or thinks that,
I don't really care for it, but she thinks it is "cool"
Jenny's ear continues to recover.
She continues to have to put
Vaseline on her ear which makes her hair greasy.
We are hoping to do another surgery in August and the last
one in November.
Katie found out that she is moving up a level in gymnastics.
She is now training with Monika.
Monika is doing a split level season so for part of the season,
Katie will be with her.  Katie is enjoying adding another day of gymnastics 
and learning new skills.
Erin has been enjoying her new camera.  The above pictures
of the girls and these pictures below are from her.
We took a stroll in the park and she was taking different kinds
of pictures.
Katie and I
Looks like a professional picture
of Monika.
Monika last night stated she doesn't like her smile
now because it puffs out her checks.
We had a good talk about how that is normal
for everyone.
Good action shot of Darla running.
Girls running thru a tunnel

Darla having a playdate with her
"cousin" Nell.  Nell
is the one that made me decide that we could try a foster dog
Monika and Katie
On the eve on my birthday (10 minutes before Midnight)
I took a bath and left my hearing aides on my headboard
as I have always done.  When I came into my room
Darla was crouched down on my bed looking very guilty.
Next to her was the above hearing aide.  She bent the plastic
part of the battery case so it doesn't fit in and had some teeth marks
This one I found behind the couch.
I was so devastated that she did this.
I had to text Dave and have him call in for me at work
He told them my dog chewed up my hearing aides,
which now sound funny.
I spent a lot of time crying as hearing aides aren't covered
under insurance.  These were just over a year old
and I have no means of money to get new ones..
When the girls saw me home and found out what happen,
they were very sad and asked if this means I am returning Darla.
At that moment, I told them I couldn't answer that question.
But my village rallied and tried to help me enjoy my birthday.
I with Jade drove up north and met with my parents who treated me for lunch.
We did some brainstorming with my dad's old ear molds and hearing aides.
By the time lunch was over, I had two hearing aides and earmodes.
It isn't perfect, but I can hear again.
My sister surprised me with a DQ cake
which was yummy
Monika and Erin took a walk and when they returned
Darla greeted me with this on her head.
The girls gave me my favorite candy bar
Jade and Katie had walked up to an
ice cream place and had brought home ice cream for me.
Darla the sweet princess.
I do feel that Darla was scared of my hearing aide.
When our phone rings she whimpers.  
If she is in the bedroom, she will whimper and try to knock the phone
off the hook.
I think I didn't fully take my battery out and she heard
it and didn't like it and did what she did.
 Our selfie with all my girls in the house.
There is a lot of things we are learning about Darla,
I am discovering that there is a little comparison
with Erin and Darla.  Erin had a lot of things
that she had to learn about love and trust of the family.
Darla is also learning how to be loved and to trust people.
Erin had some behaviors that weren't good, had to teach
them to her without "shunning" or making her feel 
unwanted.  Same with Darla..
We would love to keep Darla, but don't have the fees for 
adopting her.  She has had some inquires, but
the fact that she is very shy around new people and is fearful of 
males (but is getting better), makes it hard for people to see past that.





This past weekend, we had Monika's adoption group together.
The girls eating supper.
5 of the 6 girls from Monika's orphanage, and Thomas.
Thomas along with another girls were adopted
from another orphanage, but are part of our adoption
group.  What a great bunch of kids.
After some of the kids left. I was asked if they 
could play minescraft for a little bit.
so they hung out on my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment