Darla our foster dog had been with us for one month
when it was my birthday on June 3rd (I am behind on my blogging)
It was a couple minutes pass midnight (just starting my birthday)
when I came into my bedroom after taking a bath.
Darla saw me and instantly went into a crouching
position and knew she did something she wasn't suppose to do
eventhough I didn't know what it was.
I soon discovered this
The other one earmold and hearing aid wasn't in as bad of shape
but still couldn't use it.
I was devastated,
I truly feel she didn't do it out of being bad.
My thought is that I didn't take the battery out completely and the buzzing noise bothered her.
She at that time didn't like the phone ringing as she would
start to whimper and try to knock
it off the hook.
Luckily Dave hadn't gone to sleep yet, so he was able to text him and tell him what happen. Also had to have him call my work and let them know I couldn't come into work because the dog chewed my hearing aides. At the time it wasn't funny but now it sounds funny that a dog chewed my hearing aides as the say that kids say the dog chewed/ate my homework.
That morning the girls were surprise to see me home and after I told them what happen thru many tears, they asked if we were going to give Darla back. The only thing I could say, was don't ask me that question right now. I was to emotional and lost as I didn't know how I was going to get new hearing aids (as they are expensive and I have no money for it and how long I was going to be without work, which created another whole set of problems.).
The girls went to school unsure what I was going to do.
I knew I wasn't going to send Darla back deep down, but I needed
time to process this.
My parents called as soon as they read the FB status
and the next thing I know,
Jade and I are meeting them half way (just over an hour drive )
for lunch and seeing what our options would be.
My dad brought his old hearing aides and ear modes up.
We taped one of my earmolds together
and I used one of his
that didn't fit well but at least I could hear.
The hearing aides that I am using
aren't program to my hearing loss,
which means I am hearing different
things
My birthday was a little better after seeing my
parents and being able to somewhat hear.
Then my sister stopped over and surprised me with a
dairy queen cake.
Erin and Monika walked to a nearby store
and got the tiaras
and
my favorite candy
How can you not love that
sweet face?
Making a wish.
Katie and Jade got me
Culvers
and Jenny gave me some
steel wool that I needed
for my car.
My birthday ended up being
very nice.
Selfie picture
Darla saying hi to my
sister's dog.
They get along good
Katie and Monika pointing
out to me that
they love
Darla
She is our super
dog.
Even with Bunny ears.
On July 2, Darla turned a year old.
The above video is a surprise for the girls.
Some friends of ours
approached us and said they would pay for
her fees to be adopted.
I had to think about it for a little bit
as we loved Darla, but money wise
it was a hard decision.
At the end, I agreed.
I didn't tell the girls anything about this
failure that we are.
that we were foster failures.
To See Darla transform
in front of our eyes.
She has become so comfortable around us,
and teaching her how to trust and see
her come out of her scared shell
and learning the accept new people that come around,
She is still shy around them but is more willing to
be by me when she is being shy
The birthday girl
Her special treat for her birthday
She learned how to enjoy car rides
and now tries to go with us everytime
we go out.
and gives the best puppy eyes when she can't go with.
She gets very excited when we come home.
And just a lover all around.
So as we became foster failures,
we also became a forever family for
Darla.

Yay Praise God I am so happy you kept your sweet furbaby. I bet the girls were so excited. Praying you get new hearing aids soon.
ReplyDeleteErika