About 3 weeks ago,
Jenny had looked at my calender
and noted that I had written
telephone interview.
I explained, a student from
U of M is working on her
masters in genetics
and wanted to interview me.
The same day, Jenny had an appt with her
surgeon for her ear,
after the appt we went to eat
at our place and talked
about genetics and what it meant.
I explained to her how I
would love to have each of the girls
tested.
Explained that it would
be another piece of their
history.
Explained that they could have
bio siblings here in the
USA.
Explained they could have
medical conditions
that are important to know about
especially if they
are planning to have children.
Jenny had many questions,
some are very deep
discussion questions.
Jenny has been my child
that struggles most with
being adopted.
Talking about this,
gave her some hope,
that maybe, just maybe
she would learn more about
her DNA makeup.
She asked me why I haven't
had them tested yet.
My answer:
expensive.
she asked if she could do it
when she gets older.
I said Yes.
A day later, she informed me
that she wants to be either a teacher
(she has said that for a long time)
or a
neurologist,
because she can study how the body works,
and that she is
fascinated by it .
Yes my precious one,
You can be whatever you set your
heart and mind too.
and wanted to interview me.
The same day, Jenny had an appt with her
surgeon for her ear,
after the appt we went to eat
at our place and talked
about genetics and what it meant.
I explained to her how I
would love to have each of the girls
tested.
Explained that it would
be another piece of their
history.
Explained that they could have
bio siblings here in the
USA.
Explained they could have
medical conditions
that are important to know about
especially if they
are planning to have children.
Jenny had many questions,
some are very deep
discussion questions.
Jenny has been my child
that struggles most with
being adopted.
Talking about this,
gave her some hope,
that maybe, just maybe
she would learn more about
her DNA makeup.
She asked me why I haven't
had them tested yet.
My answer:
expensive.
she asked if she could do it
when she gets older.
I said Yes.
A day later, she informed me
that she wants to be either a teacher
(she has said that for a long time)
or a
neurologist,
because she can study how the body works,
and that she is
fascinated by it .
Yes my precious one,
You can be whatever you set your
heart and mind too.

No comments:
Post a Comment