1 year ago
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Introducing Princess Jade
Tonight is prom night for Jade. The past couple of weeks have been a lot of fun and learning. Jade is experiencing her first formal dance and not knowing all what to expect. When we started out with dress shopping, she said her dress wasn't going to be floor length, strapless and didn't want much skin showing. What she got was a floor legth, strapless dress. She didn't want her hair up, I encouraged her to allow me to take her to the salon. She decided this morning (or at least told me this morning) that I could take her. She had decided a long long time ago that she wasn't going to get her hair cut while here, that she wanted to grow it out long. While talking to the stylist, she liked the idea of having some of her hair up and some down and wanted to get her ends trimmed. As she was getting it done, she has a big smile on her face (which never left her)and decided to put it all up except for her bangs. Jason had called at 2Pm today and informed her that his mom was wanting them to do the grand march at school. Jade orginally said no because she didn't feel she could get ready that fast (she hadn't had her hair done yet), Dave and I told her to go for it, so she called Jason back and said lets do it. He informed her he would be at our house at 3P. We didn't get back from the salon until 3:30P. Dave and the girls had to entertain Jason and his mom, which got to be interesting. Jade doesn't wear make-up and wanted very little of it on. When I started to help her, she decided she wanted light green eyeshadow on which wasn't to subtle. She still was smiling away and had sparkles in her eyes. Once she came out with the dress on and everything she looked stunning. We took some pictures out in front then headed to the school for the grand march. They made a very cute couple (they are only friends). After the march we took a couple of pictures outside. The weather was sunny, but chilly....but I am thankful for no rain since that was forecast all week. Below are the pictures that we took. It was so amazing watching her transform from her day to day look to a princess and seeing the smile and sparkles.
back of Jade's head when it was all done
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ohhhh, I'm all teary eyed! Jade, you are so beautiful, not just on the outside but it comes from the inside too. Sue, you rock too, you know just what a young woman needs/wants. Very special!
ReplyDeleteNancy
Hi there,
ReplyDeleteWell she did look beautiful. Looks like it all turned out fabulously. I hope she had a wonderful time at the prom. I really loved her hair!