The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Afternoon with Katie and Jenny's travel group

Today started with me teaching Jenny's Sunday School. I was asked to be the sub teacher today. The theme was all Saints Day which is November 1. I was very nervous, having to teach five 6 year olds. I think we did well and Jenny said I taught well. I learned more about the Saints.. We focused on St. Peter, St. Catherine, Joan of Arc, St. Francis. I enjoyed myself teaching and felt closer to God.
This afternoon we went over to one of the girls travelmates house. They make home made apple juice with nothing added.

First we clean the apples and cut any of the bad parts out.



Jade putting whole apples in the grinder, once shredded it goes into a bucketMonika and Jenny helping Fred, putting apples in the grinder

Once the apples are grind up, they are put in a mesh like cloth in this bucket, then you have to turn the screw and squeeze all the juice outThe juice being squeezed out from the grind applesThe owners of the house/apple making pouring fresh juice into the container

All the jugs of apple cider/juice we made...What great team work we did, I think everyone, both kids and adults helped one way or another.
Once we were done with the apple juice making, we went to the shed and got to have a petting zoo, which was a sheep, baby goat, llama, rabbits, duck and chicken


Jade trying to hug the llama, the llama wanted no part of that


Katie enjoying the sheepLlama liked the food Katie was offering
This is the travel group. There is one girl and one boy missing. Katie, Jenny and the boy are not from the same orphanage as the rest of the girls are. We enjoyed our time with the families. We thank the host of the afternoon for opening up their house for us. We had a wonderful time and it was nice to see them all.

This week starts a new week. As we now pursue our PA from China, I have been saying so many prayers this weekend, I know that God will answer our prayers, even though it isn't always the way we want it to, he answers them. This journey is in God's hand and we know it isn't going to be easy, but that he is there along our sides guiding us. Right now our prayer is the approval of the PA and bring us one step closer to Erin coming home.

1 comment:

  1. That looks like so much fun!! I bet the apple juice was great!!
    Do they live on the farm?

    You are so lucky to have a group like that so close!! The kiddos are adorable!

    Praying for your PA!

    ReplyDelete