Sunday night my sister, myself and the younger girls drove 1 1/2 hours to volunteer at a amazing event.
About a two weeks ago, I get an email from Jamie that works for Show Hope, asking if we would like to volunteer at an event where Steven Curtis Chapman, Josh Wilson and Andrew Peterson was playing. We needed to help spread the word on Show Hope. I replied instantly and said yes. Show Hope gave us a grant to bring Erin home last September. I have always like the Chapman family and after the grant I have been very grateful for them. I have donated small amount of money (just recently was able to send them 200 dollars from the garage sale). It is a great feeling knowing that I can help another family bring their child home. Jamie worked hard in trying to get an interpreter set up for Erin, but wasn't successful as there wasn't enough time. Erin opt to stay home and I was sad by it, but understood completely.
| Here is our badges we wore |
He says playing this Uckele (sp?) makes him happy, that he can't help but smile when he plays it. And it was try, every time he played it he smiled. He had a lot of fun with it.
He showed his expression so much, so many smiles, so much seriousness when talking about Maria. His excitement about all of his children and soon his first granddaughter. He shared stories with us.
He plays many instruments and when I was talking with Dave (Will tell you who he is below), Jenny asked Dave how many guitars does Steven have, he stated probably 60 or 70 of them, Eventhough we didn't see that many, there was many changes from Urkele, Banjo, and guitars.
Andrew (on the left), Steven (center), and Josh(on the right), did many songs together, they also did songs by themselves. Andrew and Josh got to talk about their own stories and how God is a big part of their lift too. They also had a good sense of humor too and strong messages along with Steven.
| Since we were volunteering, we didn't have seats. We were probably about 100 feet from the stage, but the girls would lay on the floor and this is Monika (laying) and Katie sitting next to her. |
This gentlemen is unbelievable, and I can't say enough about him. His name is David Trask and he works for Show Hope as the Donor Relation. He is such a wonderful person, very outgoing, very caring, very warm and loving. You are drawn to him, he was so good with the girls and he loves to talk about China, the wonderful experience he had with SCC and his family. He was on all 3 trips with SCC and MaryBeth when they adopted their children from China. He showed the girls pictures of SCC girls when he discover that they were in Gymnastic. Stevie Joy is also in gymnastic. He showed us pictures of the beautiful babies and kids at Maria's Big House in China. He apoligized when he found out that we were the family that needed an interpeter and couldn't get one. I showed him a picture of all of our girls and discovered our name was in the Show Hope Miracles, so I asked him if I could have a book, he said he would send me a couple of them. I talked to him about Jade wanting to see if she can get a group of college kids to volunteer in China at a place that is runned by Americans. David was so excited to hear that and is sending me information. Ever since I read MaryBeth Chapman's book that she wrote after Maria died (3 years ago May), I have said I want to go and volunteer at Big Maria's House and that is on my list to do now. I showed him a picture of Jade with her 2 big northens that she caught the first winter she was here. He was so excited and said he is an avid fisherman but never ice fished. He wants to try it, I told him to come up here and we will take him out, my sister added a bonus and said she would clean the fish for him. He said hopes that it would happen. Me too. He talked about wanting to move to China for 6 months as he loves the culture, people and Show Hope involvement there. I have his business card to keep in contact with him.
Cindy and the girls meeting Josh Wilson. Cindy brought 2 CD's from him and had him sign them both.
Here she is with Andrew Peterson, she also brought a CD from him and he was signing it. These two were out in the lobby visiting and helping at times to clean up the place. We had hope to meet SCC, but that didn't happen.
Us driving home, the girls are tired. We left Rochester around 10:45 and got home shortly after 12....
It was so wonderful to spread the news about God and Show Hope. I would love to continue to do it. If you want more information about Show Hope, here is the website. http://www.showhope.org/ It was an wonderful night.

No comments:
Post a Comment