The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Monday, April 30, 2012

Jenny 1st Communion

Jenny's special day finally arrived.  She watched and knew exactly what was going to happen.  She was ready last year when Katie received her first communion and has been very patient.  Monika asked if she could make Jenny's cake, so under watchful eyes of Katie and I, she made a cake.  Jenny also requested for pineapple upside down cake and we had to make an extra one for her dad to take home with him.  Jenny and her cousin Trisha worked on that one. 
Monika decorating the cake.  I only did the writing on it.

Sorry for it being sideways, I am not sure why it did that as it is the right way in the picture folder.


Proud 1st Communistic


Walking in with Grandpa Al

Dad and Mom

Jade wasn't able to be with us as she had to sing at Choir at college

Grandpa and Grandma (my parents

Grandpa and Grandma (Dave's parents).  Dave's dad has been having a lot of problems with back pain so it was nice to have them there as he was in pain for some of the service.

Receiving her certificate after communion.  My mom wasn't able to get any decent pictures of her receiving the body and blood of Christ as we were gathered around her.

Fr. Dave and Jenny

Ann and Steve, Jenny's godparents (and Dave's brother)

Best picture of the cousins that could attend

Gift time

Jenny's nickname is monkey..hence the monkey book marker. 

Bible from my parents






Jenny did wonderful and was very thankful for receiving the body and blood of Christ.  She enjoyed everything about her special day.  I am very proud of you Jenny.

on a side note.  Erin did wonderful at Church.  There wasn't an interpreter for her as I didn't keep up with the church about setting one up.  I mentioned it to them a couple of times early on and then the ball was dropped and I didn't follow up to make sure they got one, I think part of it was also because they knew we had one last year for Katie so I figure after a couple times of mentioning it and so forth they would have remember.  But anyways, Erin doesn't go to church with us, she attends a deaf bible study 2-3 Fridays a month.  I haven't been able to find a Church that Erin likes, she is very comfortable with the people at the bible study and they have been great with her.  So anyways, during mass, Erin was asking a lot of questions about what this meant and what she knows about Jesus.  She is starting to get it and has more belief in accepting Jesus and he isn't a bad person like she was lead to believe in China.

No comments:

Post a Comment