The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Talk and The Decision

Last Monday 17th was a big day for Jenny.  Read about why this day was important here.  The week from the crushing of the heart to that morning, she had been doing really good with the news and no behavior issue.  That all changed that morning.  She was a very crabby girl that woke up and started misbehaving right away.  Initially I let it go as I figure it had to do with the dr. appt. that day, after a while, I finally decided that she needed to have consequences put on her behavior.  This caused her to miss the bus and loose some things.
The talk with Dr. W. went well.  Jenny asked her questions and he was very good about answering them.  She asked him about how long she has to wait, how tall, how heavy and what other options there was.  He explained to her everything I was told the week before and is mentioned in the blog last week.  She tried to joke with him a couple of times, and I had to correct her and tell her we were having a serious talk.  The joking is one of her ways of dealing with news she didn't want to her.
He went on to explain that everyone is born a certain way and that he wanted to be a professional NFL player, but that it didn't work out, that he had to accept that, and now really loves what he is doing.  He explained to her that the surgery will still happen, just not when we originally plan.  He reassured her that he will do the surgery.  He did repeat to me a couple of times, that he needed to listen to the voices.  When you have that many voices telling you not to do the surgery, he figured he better listen to them. She asked him when she can be measured again, and he told her Feb.  She really praying that she will grow and is asking a lot of nutrition type questions to assure her body is getting what it needs to grow.
I am so grateful for his honesty and caring personality.  Thank you for the prayers and thank you God for giving this amazing surgeon.


1 comment:

  1. Miss seeing you and your fsmily. I am sorry that Jenny got disappointing news. BUT it is better to wait for the timing to be right.

    God's blessings to all of you!
    Jean

    ReplyDelete