The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Thursday, January 30, 2014

C*ncussions

Tuesday night
Monika sustained a
possible concussion.
Didn't get the diagnosis 
until Wednesday afternoon.

It is nearly impossible
to keep an 11 year old
busy body gymnasts girl
quiet
not stimulated
not moving around.

Lots of tears 
and 
"I am bored'
what am I suppose to do.

Thursday stayed home with mom
Was able to go a couple of times
to run around with mom on errands.
Otherwise stuck on the couch
being quiet
not doing anything
and just being
bored.

Bored is not to be used in
the house.
But I don't blame her one bit
for saying that,
because I would be too.

This evening I finally
let her watch 1/2 of hour of TV.
She was pretty excited.

She is so excited to go to school
tomorrow.
Only her second day this week at school
as school was closed 2 days this week.

I hear so many scary stores about 
C*ncussions
and have friends who kids 
have had it.

I do pray that the possible c*ncussion really means none.

Monika really wants to 
compete at her last meet
on Sunday.
We will see how gymnastics practice goes on Saturday.
 

1 comment:

  1. Praying Monika gets to do her finale meet.

    Erika

    ReplyDelete