Tonight Jade and I spend a couple of hours looking for prom dresses. She had some dresses that she brought from China but weren't felt they were formal enough. When we first started out, she was very selective and going mainly for just black straight cocktail or just below the knee dresses and didn't want floor length or strapless dresses. We ended up at JcPenney's and they had many different style and color dresses. She started trying on dresses and then it started to be colorful ones too. She has it narrow down to 4 dresses. One is a beautiful white with shiny silver in it, One is black with white ruffles and strapless, one is black and white which has very thin straps that tie behind her back (Jade feels it to elegant...but she loves how it looks) and the other is a orangy like dress with ruffles and strapless. All the dress look beautiful on her. She put them on hold for the night and her and Dave will go tomorrow and she will decide at that time. It was so amazing to watch her transform. When we started out, she was a little bit reserved or unsure (that is the impression I got), but as we try more dresses on, she started acting more comfortable in them, smiling, modeling and commenting on how she felt like a princess and even once we said a queen. Each dress that she tried on and watching her reaction sure made my heart grow bigger. It just felt such a special thing to share with a daughter and kept thinking this is what my mom must have felt like when I went to prom and when looking for wedding dresses. I have 3 more daughters that I hope will allow me this experience. She is glowing still and we have been home for almost 2 hours and she still talking about it. I will be going out of town this weekend for scrapbooking but can't wait to hear what one she picks out. Thank you God for allowing me to be a mom.
11 months ago

Love the little story about the worms. What sweet and nurturing girls they are. :)
ReplyDeleteIt is so much fun to see daughters trying on prom dresses. It's neat to see them feel like a princess! Wedding dress shopping is way cool too.
I'm sure Jade will pick a wonderful dress and look so pretty in it. I hope she has a wonderful time at prom. I will look forward to photos.