
Dave brought out one of our slip and slide on Saturday. It was a hot and humid day, I was at work, so I wasn't able to see them having a blast on it. Monika is on the far end, Katie in the middle and Jenny didn't start at the same time as the other two.
Today we went to church, towards the end of Mass our Pastor asked all the dads to stand and we said a prayer for them. Monika was sitting next to Dave while the prayer was being said, she was holding his hand and smiling so proudly at him during the prayer. She looked like she was the happiest person there. We had both sides of the family at our house for lunch and for the afternoon. Jenny was sitting on Pat's lap on the swing, when it was noticed that they both fell asleep. The picture below said it all.

When I was getting ready to post on the blog, I realized I don't have a recent picture of Dave and his 4 girls. Unfortunately with Jade gone at the moment, we could only get a picture of three of the girls and Dave. Dave doesn't like his picture taken and he was a very good sport (didn't put up a fuss and didn't make silly or mad faces,) and even can see a smile in him (mostly in the eyes, but I see a smile on his lips too. Katie got bit by a bug or something on her Left cheek so it is swollen and redden, she also pulled out her second tooth on Friday night, so now she got a big gap on her bottom teeth in the front. I had taken to the dentist last weekend. Katie is the only one that hasn't yet had a cavitiy. Monika is not the lucky one, as she has some more small cavities. her birthparents must not have good teeth as she now up to 6 cavities. What even sadder, is that her 6 years molars are just coming in and she got two of them. Monika is a good teeth brusher and we don't have much sugary stuff.

Speaking of Dave, He is a wonderful husband and a great dad. Coming up this August we will be celebrating 15 years of Marriage, I look back to everything we have been thru. We have had our ups and downs, at times wanting to throw in the towel, but have proven our faith and love has helped us make it thru everything,we have had so many wonderful moments through out our time together and grown each day and able to handle all the challenges that life gives us. As times goes on, I am more thankful for having such a wonderful friend that I am also married to.
Today I thought a lot about being a family and what a family means. I am so thankful for my parents and siblings, My family has always been very supportive and encouraging to me. Seeing it is Father's day, I want to reflect on my dad. My dad is a very kind, tenderhearted, supportive, loves to put smiles on our faces, he teaches and loves to share his wisdoms. He got patience, he helps anyone that ask him. While growing up he told me a lot of the "real" world, I did listen to him, didn't always believe him, but listen to him. Now with me being a mom to 4 daughters, with one being a teenager, I hear myself telling Jade words of wisdom that was spoken to me by my father. I thank my father for everything he has taught and shown me, and for loving me.
To the father of our children, You are awesome, keep up the great work you do for them, me and for the people around you. I love you.
I am grateful for my family.
Another great post. Looks like you had a great day together. I love the pic of the girls on the slip and slide. :)
ReplyDelete