As I write this entry, it has been 24 hours since I said goodbye to my oldest daughter. Even though Jade was only with us almost 10 months, it wasn't any easier. For those people that say goodbye to their kids because they are moving, going away to college or leaving to go in the military, I know what it feels like. I can image what I felt is on a very small scale compare to those of you that have the child since birth or close to birth. When the final goodbye came, I started to tear up, Jade looked at me and told me that I couldn't cry, because it would get her going. I fought the tears hard as I wanted her to remember me as smiling, not an easy thing to do. The little ones didn't have any problems saying goodbye to her as they have been told she will be back in August. I went into her room last night to put some clothes in there that she left on the clothesline, she straighten up her room, she left most of her things here, so it still looks very livable in there, I lost it and cried good by myself. If I know that she was 100% coming back in August I think it would be a lot easier, but the unknown can really work on you. Jade didn't start packing until 1:30 in the morning Tuesday and had us stay up with her. I did finally go to bed around 2 and Dave went to bed almost 4 in the morning and then we were up again around 7. Right now she should be getting ready to land in Hong Kong where her mom will be meeting her. She will then take an 2 hour bus ride back home.

My sister, brother in law and neice came over Sunday night to say goodbye to Jade and give her a small memory quilt that she could carry with her in China (it is like a lap quilt) the pieces of fabric on the front has something to do with the 10 months here. For example, there is a horse piece and a dog piece( that is for my sister's dog which Jade loved), cards(she loved playing hand and foot and just recently learned how to play cribbage), Flamigo for Monika, Dance for Jenny, Princess for Katie. There also is a fishing, prom, President Obama (she was here for that history event), state of MN, and so forth. It is small enough for her to put in her backpack and can carry it with her.

Jade and Cassie. They got along so well and were close. It was hard for Jade to say goodbye to her and her parents, they have been so good to her and introduced her to horseback riding and it was a thing the 4 of them did almost every week.

Here we are going into the airport, I had to stay behind a little bit because the tears were threatening to come, and did shed a few before we got inside.
Please pray for her appointment on the 24th to change her visa, that it is successful, also pray for my dear dear friend Helen who is still in the hospital (since last Thursday) fighting double pneumonia. And finally I am still praying for guidance to bring home the 12 year old girl.
ooh, you poor thing, it's so sweet to know how much she is loved by your family! I sure hope it all works out and she will be back in August.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely quilt.
Hayley
Snowflowers Mum