The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My beloved Cell phone

My beloved cell phone went AWOL last Friday afternoon and hasn't returned yet. Oh how much I miss you, even though my ear is enjoying a vacation. I usually always on it when I am driving (and yes, I know that it isn't the best thing, but that is when I get the most peace and quite and can get all the phone calls out of the way so when I am home with the kids and Dave, I don't get as many phone calls and so forth). We are pretty sure that the phone was in the van or the house, but it isn't showing up. It is amazing how much you rely on it. Jade did a final paper for school talking about nature and technology and how people are so depended on technology and nature is more or less taking a back seat. It has only been about 10 years or so since I have a cell phone (and I don't have texting or internet or anything that fancy on the phone..just a phone to make calls and to receive them) and it is amazing how depended you are to it. It also doesn't help with your parents live out of town and you get free long distance calling. Doesn't help the fact that all my numbers are in there too, so I can't call people even if I am home. Tonight Dave and I took the younger 3 girls (jade is up at my parents place spending a few days with them before leaving to head back to China) to a park that we have never been to before, they had walking paths, so we decide to take a walk to. It was a nice peaceful walk. There was a trail off the paved path that Monika asked if we could go on. So up we went on the trail and felt like we were in the wilderness. On our walk we past an older gentlemen that was very friendly but just had a unique look that made me thankful that Dave was along. Monika had to going to the bathroom (number 2, and when she needs to go...she can't wait very long), so her and I ran about a mile or so to the bathroom. I thought Dave and the other two, walked back....as it turned out they weren't to far behind us. When we finished at the bathroom, Monika and I walked back to the path and to find Dave and the girls, not knowing that they had gone up to the van. So we walked a little ways and I started to think we should have met them by now. Monika kept saying just call dad, which I said don't have a cell phone. Finally we found them. Dave was relieve and said he was worry about us and even thought that possiblity the man we had came across grabbed us or something. It is also amazing how those cell phones make you feel more safe.

Sunday we had Monika's travel group over for the 6 year gathering. Two families weren't able to make it but 6 families were there. Monika travel group consist of 7 girls and one boy. In the picture above Monika travel group starts with the girl on the couch arm with her legs crossed all the way to the girl that is standing with the pink sweater. The 4 other kids are siblings and Katie that is sitting in the middle next to monika...We love this group a lot and get together with them 2 or 3 times a year plus spend a weekend together up north..

Updates:
  • Jade-She finished her junior year with a bang. Managed to get high grades in her classes. She is leaving next Tuesday for China and has an appt with the Consulate in China on the 24th of June to change her visa. She will find out the same day if she is granted the visa, please keep her in your prayers that she is successful on that.
  • the 12 year old that I wrote about, please continue to pray for a family will adopt her. As much as I would like to adopt her (she even growing on Dave), I don't think it will be possible to get the money we need for her. I haven't totally given up hope of her, but it is looking very slim and it saddens me.
  • fuzzy- our experiment catapiller turning into a moth didn't work. We don't know what happen but figure the cocoon needed some moisture or water occassionally and it didn't get that. We will have to do a little more research before we do that next time.
  • Jenny finished her speech school and is graduated from there, as of right now, she won't required any speech therapy in Kindergarten. So on Fridays she can join her play group on time.
  • Katie and Monika continue with school. They will have the week of 4th of July off and then finish up the second week in August.
Tonight Dave and I took the girls to Dairy Queen. Dave and I decided we were going to get a turtle sundae. The girls believed us that we were actually getting a live turtle and stuffing it with ice cream and fixing....when they saw what it was, they weren't sure if it was "real" or not, after we started to eat it, they figure it out. It was a lot of fun picking on them with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment