The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Stranded

I heard Jade's sweet voice about 7 pm, she was calling me from Japan. She missed her connecting flight from Japan to Hong Kong and ended having to stay overnight. It was so good to hear her voice, and I was so happy to talk to her. But now missing her even more. Jade loved to sing and she usually was either singing or humming. Such a beautiful voice. The girls asked to listen to the 100 days count down to Beijing. Monika knows all of it by heart and Katie and Jenny know most of it. Jade would sing with them, so beautifully. There was another song that Jade taught them in Chinese and it also was beautiful. They sang it tonight. Hoping when I wake up in the morning, I will have heard from her again (she said she will call/email me when she gets home) and she will be telling me she made it home in China, almost 48 hours after she left home here.

1 comment:

  1. Sue,
    I has been a while since I read your post. I am now caught up. I am bawling right now. You did a wonderful job of writing down your emotions about your girls and Dave. You didn't talk much about Dave but I can imagine the emotions he was going through as a daddy. I am so sorry for what you are going through. I am so proud of you and Dave since you both have been through so much. The four girls and Dave are very lucky to have you in your life. It will take me a while to stop shedding tears. Now I heard that Jade is coming back. God bless you, Sue. Carolyn Manderfeld

    ReplyDelete