The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Moving Closer

We received our homestudy paperwork the day before Thanksgiving. December 1st we started doing it and met with our Social worker on Wednesday the 16th was able to give her all the stuff needed for the homestudy except for Jade's physical which she will have done by the end of the month. Our social worker told us that she has a month to write the report and send it back to us to proof read it. If everything is fine, they will submit it to USCIS. Our Social worker said she is going to try to have our report done by the 1st of Jan or shortly afterwards. She felt the goal of having Erin home by August was very realistic, Praise the Lord that I was within reasonable time. She was surprise to hear about the successful fundraisers we have had so far and the ones that we are working on right now.
Last night I was sitting in the recliner with all 3 girls sitting on my lap while reading them "Advent Book" and a new book that just arrived "The Christmas Baby", after they went to bed, I thought, how much longer are they going to all be able to sit up my lap. They are growing up, but still at the age where they are still little.
Got news that a friend of ours is leaving on Christmas day with her two teenage daughters to go to China to get their new sister. What a great Christmas present. I on Tuesday met another friend at the airport. They were arriving home with their newly adopted daughter from Serbia. What a wonderful Christmas Season. I have been enjoying the holidays this year and am looking forward to the remaining weeks of the holiday. The girls want a birthday cake for Jesus, so we will be making one for him. What flavor do you think Jesus would like?

4 comments:

  1. Our home visit is on the 30th...I"m so excited!!! Hope she rights a glowing report for both of us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm meant "writes"....not rights. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am certain Jesus like chocolate!

    I am so excited that things are moving along!! Yippee Jesus!

    Who is leaving on Christmas day? Do they have a blog? I might need to follow along!

    How did a family adopt from Serbia? Jim is serbian but we didn't think they did adoption- wow! I'll have to tell him! Do they have a blog by any chance?

    You are so great about meeting people at the airport! My whole family was a half hour late BUT YOU where there! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, We showed MaryPat your Christmas picture and told her what a great family you guys are and the boys are wonderful
    Jean, The family that is leaving on Christmas day doesn't have a blog, they are members of FCC thou. The family that adopted from Serbia, there is a link to their blog on my blog...Maples Growing Family. btw love the Christmas Card, just think next Christmas we each have additions in there (lucky you, you will have two)

    ReplyDelete