
Jade had her senior picture taken a couple of months ago and we just got them back just before Thanksgiving. This picture is the picture that just about everyone likes and it is the one we had made into a bigger size. She had her picture taken with her cousin and a friend. They all turned out very well.
This Christmas is going to be different from past years. This is the first time we will be celebrating Christmas without having all of our children with us. With Monika, we didn't get a referral until March. Katie and Jenny we didn't see their referral picture until mid Jan. I know that Christmas is not a popular celebrated holiday in China, but knowing Erin is there as we celebrate here makes it hard. We won't send her a Christmas present as we feel this will confuse her to much. She won't find out until we are closer to traveling that we will be adopting her. I know that God is with her and is keeping her safe until we can bring her home.
We received a check today from two ladies that are friends. They know Dave's mom. They said that instead of buying each other a gift for Christmas, they donate to a organization or charity. They picked us this year. We are so honored and again is amazed in all the wonderful people there are in this world.
We continue to work on our homestudy, We are finishing up with most of the paperwork, have an appointment with the social worker next week. The goal is to have everything done except the I 800 done by the end of the year. We are working on some fundraisers. We have the scrapbook/craft one set up for March 2010, if you interested, let me know and I will make sure you get an invite. Dave just found a really cool fundraiser and we are looking into it. I am excited for that one because it got some cool items to purchase.
On December 1st we started reading the Advent book. Each night we open a new door in the book and learn more about God and Jesus being born. The girls and I have been enjoying it. God has a plan with each of us, sometimes when there are changes, it is hard to be patient or understanding why things are happening when they are especially when something bad is happening or something. I know God has kept me on my toes many times, but has always made sure that I was never alone and has guided me to the right path even when I don't understand it at the time. He has been so wonderful since I have open my heart to him more this past year. As I reflect on Christmas this year and the true meaning of it. To be grateful to have a very blessed life, family and friends. We are being more aware of spending more quality time together and teaching the girls the importance of Christmas and that it isn't all about gifts. The girls have asked for us to make a cake for Jesus for his birthday and that they will help him blow the candles out. What an awesome idea.
A for my title of my blog today. We finally got some snow. I am a person that enjoys and likes snow, just not the cold weather. now that the grounds are white, it feels more like Christmas season. The village is up, tree is up and decorated. The nativity set is set up and yes we have Jesus already in there, the candles (I don't burn them very often except during the Christmas season) are burning every night, the candy countdown is being eaten. What a special month for everyone.

What a pretty picture of Jade. I like it very much.
ReplyDeleteWow, the wolf in that picture looks close enough to touch.
Sounds like things are going well at your house and you all are enjoying the season.
It was good to see you guys last week, even though my stay was brief.
Enjoy your Christmas season and be blessed.