I have been on the night shift for just over a week. It hasn't been bad at work at all, and it all is coming back to me. I have had great staff working with me at night and have been very helpful showing the ropes. I have all quite nights and been told more then once that it usually isn't this quite, so I am waiting for the big boom, but for now I will enjoy it. Me working during the night has been hard on the all of us. The girls are having a hard time with me going to bed while they are still up since I don't nap or sleep during the day. They are sadden that I am missing a part of their day. Saturday was the most difficult day so far. It didn't help that I was tired, so the emotions ran very high. I know it is a adjustment period and I trust God that this is his plan for a wonderful ending of this chapter and that is a beautiful daughter will join our family. Some advantages so far of working nights, drinking lots, lots less pop and lots and lots more water (which I am not a fan of). Eating less and lost 4 pounds in a week. Last week on my days off with kids in school and Dave at work, I deep cleaned our bedroom, took 8 bags of clothes/shoes to the goodwill, vacuum underneath the headboard, washed the floor including in the closet, washed the windows. If felt great. I then worked on the girls room. Jenny still had stuff in her old room closets. I brought containers and divided their underwear (they all wear different kinds), socks and leotards. The girls thought it was cool that I organized their stuff and so forth. At least I am getting things done around the house that I wouldn't/couldn't do before.
Now on more important things, work on grants to bring Erin home. God is great, he will help us thru all this and it will be all worth it, the minute we have Erin.

I think you are incredible! great job! Nights are tough but hang in there- it won't be forever!
ReplyDeleteI've had a few pity parties myself, until I can pray and shake it off!
Let me know when you go to playgroup on Fridays- we will try to be there!
Bless you dear friend!
(love the penguins!)