The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Met a friend

Erin's orphanage

Beautiful picture in Guiyang. I hope we will be able to see this when we go.

I have received some information about Erin's life at the orphanage. I received information from a mom that brought home an older child last summer. This mom was fortunate to be able to visit the orphanage. From her description, this orphanage has more home feeling compared to the other girls orphanages that are bleak and bare. The orphanage is more new and has 5 buildings total including having a medical facility on one of the floor. Each room has 5 girls in it. All the kids go to school, some take a bus (younger kids) and some walk (older kids). Half the sky works in the orphanage (I knew this before coming in contact with this mom). She also went into specific details about how her daughter did or didn't know about some basic things, which were great pointers for us. She had a lot of advice for us. She gave me a clearer picture on what I can possible expect with Erin. One good thing (among many other things she told me) is the kids are prepared for adoption, that they are told in advance, We are hoping that we can help prepare Erin by sending her pictures and letters shortly before we travel to get her. We pray that the orphanage will share it with her. Her daughter did recognized Erin's current picture. I have seen pictures of her daughter and she doesn't have that "sad" "empty" look in the eyes that I have seen in so many orphan's faces. When I look at Erin's current pictures, even the ones she isn't looking to happy to have her picture taken, she at least doesn't look empty. I am so greatful for this great mom to walk in our lives. What a great way of God to continue to prepare us for Erin. This mom and I have been compare a lot of notes, some of the things that she has been telling me about the adjustment period with her daughter, we had some of those with Jade, although on a much lesser scale then her. It is truly amazing that there is always a bigger picture that God has painted then what we see day to day. Even when doors are closing, others are opening. This mom has shared a lot of information with us, I will share some of it, but some is private and personal and we want to respect them.
Where are we standing with Erin's paperwork? Our homestudy, we just waiting for one thing from our doctor, which Crossroads feels they should have by Monday or Tuesday (pray that there isn't any delays or problems). They then will have the homestudy completed...send a copy to Madison to have them make sure it everything they want, then it is off to Immigrations. We know that God has the perfect time for us to travel and meet Erin, we have to have patience. It is very hard to have patience when you know she is there and you have pictures and so forth.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that you met someone whose daughter is from Erin's orphanage. That is wonderful. Wow, what a blessing.
    I know she will be a great help to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it the best to have someone give you any information? It eases the pain of waiting somewhat. She's a beautiful girl, and I hope everything goes quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. exciting to get information isn't it?!?!!? The orphanage looks nice and it's good to be able to visualize where your daughter is. I'm glad they prepare her for adoption and I pray her transition is made easily. Can't wait to hear when you travel

    ReplyDelete