The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Saturday, April 10, 2010

What impossible with God on your side?

NOTHING!!!!

I haven't worked the past 5 nights. I had switched my weekend with a awesome coworker named Deb, she has been so helpful with me during the tax season. I work her Tuesday and Wednesday night for her (which gives her 3 day break) and she works my weekend. This past Tuesday and Wednesday we had extra staff on and was given the two nights off. I knew I needed this, but didn't realize how much. What did I do? I did some deep cleaning in parts of our house and while doing that, I was spending time with God. Just God and me. Listening to him, airing out all my emotions, working through them. It took me 3 days just to feel content again with inside myself. I have spend many moments with God, but this time, I got to spend periods of time with him uninterrupted. I won't go through all my emotions as I feel that is private. I am at peace again, by this, I can be a better person to God, myself, my husband, my children, my co workers and anyone that passes me each day. In less then a week, Dave will finish up tax season, as this one has been the hardest one in the 13 years he has done this. He made it, I made it (barely I think), the kids made it. It was a long 4 months for us, but we did it just like we will get Erin home to us. Tonight I watched the movie "Facing the Giants" it is a wonderful movie based on God. The title of my post is from the movie.
I had a conversation with a dear friend of my, we got on the subject of our faith today, One thing I have often wonder and especially this past year, as I said earlier in my post, I spend time with God, talking to him, just feeling Jesus along the side of me. For those people who don't believe in God, I wonder who do they talk to, who do they look for to beside them, Is there any faith, hope in them, I never (to my acknowledge) been good friends with someone that is atheist. I don't want to start a debate or anything on my blog. It just something I have thought about, I don't know what I would do if I didn't have God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit in my life.
One of the things this past week is another bible. We have bibles in the house, but I was drawn to this one. It is a New international version "Busy Mom's Bible", it has daily inspiration even if you only have one minute, it has inserts in it to help with the scriptures and also gives you reflect and pray ideas and things to study...so insert of scripture is a one minute, reflect and pray is 5 minutes and study is 10 minutes. This inserts are broken down to different things like "God is" which talks about him as a creator, trustworthy protector, etc. "family ties: and so forth.
I also received an email from the mom that has a daughter from Erin's orphanage today. She had some very valuable information regarding Erin, it might seemed minor, but meant so much to me. According to her daughter Erin is deaf (which we knew, but confirmed), but that the kids (hearing) at the orphanage have learned some signs to communicate with them. I feel this is a wonderful gift, Erin and any other deaf child in that orphanage are not totally isolated out, that they can communicate with one another at least on a basic level. There was other things that were shared that we are so grateful for. Today I took the 2 youngest girls to Mall of America. Brought a bunch of rubber/leather like bracelets (we recommended from the teenager from Erin's orphanage), fancy and plain ponytails, and lip gloss for Erin and her friends got a great deal on them all since they were clearance. God is preparing us and Erin for the right time to meet, he is giving us tools to help us all. So Sunday night, I go back to work. I will be refreshed, I will be strong, and I will have Jesus along the side of me. Oh what a great feeling to have him along the side of me.
With God all things are possible Matthew 19:26

No comments:

Post a Comment