You might have noticed we had a chip in again on the sidebar. The last time we had one, only 2 people contribute the 3 months it was there. But we were encouraged to put it up again. Our next fundraiser will be a garage sale in June. The two that we had last summer/fall were successful and we hope this one will be too. I am amazing how many things I am finding around the house to get rid off. I thought I did a good job cleaning out last year. Guess that is why it is called spring cleaning.
Tonight Jade's speech group had a show. They did a good job on it, one girl talked about deafness and cochlear implant. With me having experience with both within my family it was interesting to watch. I have been asked many times with Erin's deafness, will we have her have a cochlear implant. That is such a hard question and I think Erin needs to make that decision. I have read a lot about adopting teens and one of the biggest advice I get, "Make the decisions for your teenager as simple and easy", that they are to overwhelmed with decision making initially. So for now, We focus on her living in the deaf world and us helping her live in the world she is most comfortable. We hope to mail a care package with a letter to Erin in the next couple of weeks. From others who have adopted older kids from her orphanage, the child is told about the adoption, so we hope she will feel a little bit of comfort of knowing a little bit about us and our lives in America, when we go China and have her leave her only life for a life in America and with her forever family.
I know I have said this many times in the past, but I am so thankful for Jesus and everyone who has touched our lives before, during and in the future with us working on bringing Erin home. Even some of the people that have said negative things about us adopting Erin, it has helped me with the process, to think, to prepare for bringing her home. It is truly remarkable on how everyone can make an impact on you, even if you met them for 2 seconds or even longer.

Congratulations! You are DTC'd!!! Yippeee!!!
ReplyDeleteOur LID was 2 weeks later but we didn't find out until a month later!
If our gotcha day is June 14th it will be exactly 6 months from DTC.
I still think the whole process takes too long- wish it were shorter...
Yayy!!!!!
ReplyDelete