Jenny has been in Chinese dancing for the past three years. She has been with a good friend name Lily the whole time. Lily and Jenny met at daycare and also gone to the same faith formation until Lily started going to a catholic school.
Jenny and Lily on the way to dance
This year was different then the past two years. Jenny's first two years she had a wonderful teacher name Ling Ling. Ling Ling was so good with the kids, so patience and loving. She also made it fun for the kids while making sure they learned both Chinese speaking and dancing. She did little things to make each of the girls and the parents to feel special. Ling Ling had decided she need to give up teaching dancing at CAAM for other things. Oh how much we miss her. This year's teacher Ms. Li was tough of the kids, a lot more stricter and worked those girls hard but at the end the kids did great and it was a wonderful production. Jenny told me a couple times last fall that she wanted to quit, that the teacher was making her cry and that she always yelled. After a couple of weeks, Jenny didn't complain any longer and thought all is good. About a month ago, she informed us that she was quitting dancing, but that she will finish it out this year. It made Dave and I so proud that she was willing to stick it out for the group and that even though she wasn't like it anymore, she had a commitment. A couple of days ago, Jenny informed us that she has been thinking a lot and wants to continue to dance. She said Ms. Li was getting better with her and she wants to dance. So in the fall, she will start her 4th year as a CAAM dancer.
I don't even know how to write this next part, I have debated on whether to write tonight about this or wait as this was Jenny's day. But at the end, I have decided to write tonight. I feel that we all take life for granted here and there. I know I have. You always feel that there will be a a next time. If I forgot to tell you something, I will just wait until the next time. Tonight when I arrived home I received a message saying my friend/coworker's daughter Maryah lost her 6 1/2 year battle with Ewing Sarcoma Cancer. Maryah had just turned 16 last Friday. Maryah was a amazing girl and her relationship with God was phenomenal, she had a caringbridge site that she or her family often wrote on it and their strong belief for God. I was always amazed in the strength Maryah and her family had with taking on cancer, and teaching us that God was always in control, even when you are not understanding what is going on or why. Also this week a family that I only know through blogging was 4 weeks away from going to China to bring home their 2 year old daughter McKenna when they got the news that she died. So as I say a prayer for Maryah's and McKenna's family tonight, I am also praying for the my children. Even though it is never fair to lose a child, God has 2 more precious angels and I don't question his reasoning that he felt he needed them with him.
I don't even know how to write this next part, I have debated on whether to write tonight about this or wait as this was Jenny's day. But at the end, I have decided to write tonight. I feel that we all take life for granted here and there. I know I have. You always feel that there will be a a next time. If I forgot to tell you something, I will just wait until the next time. Tonight when I arrived home I received a message saying my friend/coworker's daughter Maryah lost her 6 1/2 year battle with Ewing Sarcoma Cancer. Maryah had just turned 16 last Friday. Maryah was a amazing girl and her relationship with God was phenomenal, she had a caringbridge site that she or her family often wrote on it and their strong belief for God. I was always amazed in the strength Maryah and her family had with taking on cancer, and teaching us that God was always in control, even when you are not understanding what is going on or why. Also this week a family that I only know through blogging was 4 weeks away from going to China to bring home their 2 year old daughter McKenna when they got the news that she died. So as I say a prayer for Maryah's and McKenna's family tonight, I am also praying for the my children. Even though it is never fair to lose a child, God has 2 more precious angels and I don't question his reasoning that he felt he needed them with him.

What a large dance troupe! Looks like she has the poses down, for sure.
ReplyDeletePlease extend my condolences to Maryah's family and tell them that I will say a prayer for them and for her. I have already communicated with McKenna's family.