The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Friday, June 17, 2011

Choosing to See

After I had finish reading Xiran two books, I read this one.  This book was a very emotional book, more so in many ways then Xiran's book.  I could relate more to her and felt her pain so much more.  She had her moments when she question God and the reasonings why Maria life had to be taken when it was, but she always was able to have complete faith in God. 
I can remember the day that Maria was killed by accident, it spread fast in the adoption world and also on the blog world.  May 21 was 3 years since Maria was taken away and brought to heaven.  Her retelling the events of that day, you feel like you were right there with Shoey, Marybeth, Will Franklin when it occur, many times as I read the book, I put my self in her shoes and could visualize it. 
When I was a teenager, I went to a Christian concert weekend simialar to We Fest except it was all Christian bands and Singer.  Steven Chapman was there and was one of the new ones on the scene.  I met a lot of singers/band members as they would walk around in the crowds.  I don't recall if Steven was one of them.
When we were in the process of bringing Erin home, we applied to receive a grant from Show Hope, Steven and Mary Beth created this organization in honor of their first daughter that was born in China.  We were accepted and received a grant.  We are so grateful for them.  This August I am having a garage sale for the 5 organizations that gave us grants to bring Erin home.  They are Show Hope, A Gift of Adoption, A Child Awaits, Madision Adoption Agency and Crossroads Adoption Agency.  Without these organizations along with all the people that helped us, we wouldn't have been able to bring Erin home as our daughter.  I know there are many people  that have the heart and love of wanting more children (I am one of them and hope that I can adopt again in the future), but are in the same position as we were a year ago, so until God shows me the means of adopting another child, I am going to focus on helping other families to adopt.  If anyone local in St.Paul/Mpls want to donate things, feel free to email me privately at smbarrett1@yahoo.com I am taking donations now.  I have also decided that I would like to take my children back to China to Big Maria's House and volunteer there, to give those children extra love.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed that book too. I think it's great that you are doing a garage sale to help out these organizations!

    ReplyDelete