 |
Nice picture of me?
It is on my ceiling above my bed
|
A couple of days ago, Erin and I were talking in my room. She was looking around as she has many times before. She noticed (they have been there for a long time), a pictured drawn by Jenny of a person on my closet door, a rocket house picture taped on my headboard from Katie and pictures on my door that Monika drew. She asked me what the pictures meant, so I told her and she said oh....Tonight when I walked into the house from picking up kids from Gymnastics, she handed me a folded piece of paper that said "puppy birthday" (she was trying to write Happy birthday), she wrote from Erin on it. When I opened it up this is what I saw. I think she did a great job....she highlighted my smile and blue eyes, they say a pictures is a thousand words and I agree, she views me as a happy person. She even noticed the mole I have by my nose. I told her thank you and touched her arm (can't give her hugs or anything yet as she not ready to have them yet from me). She then told me to tape it up in my room, I told her "no" you get to do it, that you made it for me, you get to decided. So she put it right above my head. It was such a wonderful feeling and I feel that it was another huge step forward. Monday night she also did something that caught be totally by surprise. I was sitting on the couch and was getting ready to get up and leave to get her sisters from gymnastic. She sat down ON my lap, She used to always ask me why the girls sit on me and so forth and now here she did it.
I have been meaning to write more this past week but have been to busy in the evening doing homework. Erin comes home now with 1 to 1 1/2 hours of homework that she needs me to help her with. She is patient and waits until her sisters go to bed. I hope I will have some free time the next couple of days to write more and post more pictures.
I am also asking the prayer warriors to pray for recovery of my brother in law who was involved in a head on collision on Sunday. He had surgery today for his leg and received two plates and 12 pins. He was told by the EMT and others that he is lucky to be alive and after seeing the pictures I agree....He had a Guardian Angel with him. He will be no weight bearing for 4 months.
Yea Erin! This is a wonderful picture of your mom and you picked a wonderful place for it to be posted. Sue - will send prayers for your BIL.
ReplyDeleteThis is a wonderful update about Erin, Sue! In so many ways, it shows how far she has come from last fall as a member of the family and as a daughter.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the homework!
I'll be praying for your brother in-law, too.
Ruby