This past week was a busy one for some of the girls. Last Thursday, Erin's school had award ceremony. Every student that particiapated in any activity at school or did well in classes got an award or certificate. Erin is standing on the end, her basketball coach is talking and her teammates are standing with her. The girl that is next to Erin is one of her 5 distant (3rd) cousins that goes to the school. You could tell Erin enjoyed being up there.
This is showing Erin being on silver honor roll her first semester. They didn't get an award, just acknowledgement.
Jenny on her dance rectial morning. She had one on Saturday and one on Sunday. She dropped out of Chinese dancing last fall and went with regular dancing. She has decided that she misses her Chinese dancing and is planning to go back to it this fall.
Jenny did a wonderful job at her recitial. This recitial was very different from her Chinese one. At the Chinese one, they have an announcer and usually talks in between each dance, at the one that Jenny joined this year, they did one dance after another. It went fast. My mom had gotten her a bouquet of flowers.
My BIL continues to recover. He is in transitional care for a while while he continues to learn how to get around with bearing weight on one leg. He is no weight bearing for 10 weeks and then toe touch for 4 months. He is doing remarkably well.
Erin and Dave continue to struggle with their relationship. She sees him very little now as the therapists felt it might help her, they feel what has happen in China is causing a block with Erin to develop a relationship with him and that it could be doing more harm then benefit if she keeps seeing him. With this, we try to keep the contact between the two of them at a minimal. Last week there was a situation that occured where I was gone with Jenny, my mom and Erin were going to go shopping and Dave was taking the other 2 girls out running around. My mom didn't have her car at the moment, so Dave offer to drop Erin and my mom off at the store. I explained this to Erin 4 or 5 times and she explained it back to me and understood that Dad was only bringing the two of them to the store and picking them up. Which I said that is correct, she said ok, she wanted to go. So I had left, Dave was ready to go, my mom, younger 2 and Dave got into the van and Erin was sitting on the steps outside, when Dave motioned for her to get in the van, she gave her "famous" dirtiest look to Dave and my mom (wasn't intended to my mom but she was right there when she did it). She got in the van and wouldn't listen to Dave, and then when they got to the store, She gave another dirtiest look to Dave, so he said that was it and brought her home. He dropped her off and headed out again with my mom and the 2 girls. I got the phonecall for the heads up. When I came home and talked to Erin about this, she was focused on that fact she doesn't like Dave. I try to get her to understand that if she was going to have a problem with Dave taking her and my mom to the store, she should have said something instead of acting the way she did because she had a choice and understood what it all involved and she had no answer on why she behaved the way she did other then she doesn't like dad. After talking for a period, she still didn't understand why I was upset with her. I tried to explained to her that I was upset because I had talked and explained what was going on, she explained it back to me and I asked if she was ok with Dave taking her and Grandma to the store and she said yes, and then acted that way, all she could say is I don't like dad. She got some consquences handed to her. As she works with her therapist and Dave and I work with the family therapist, I continue to pray that Erin will eventually have some sort of civil relationship with Dave. We have been warned that it may or may not happen. She has come so far on so many things, when it comes to Dave and expecially one boy at school, we have taken many steps backwards.

Congratulations on the first part of the post.
ReplyDeleteJenny looks adorable and proud.
Sorry about the last part of the post; hopefully the therapists can help all of you through this in time.
Ruby
Well done girls! Jenny looks so pretty.
ReplyDelete