Earlier this afternoon, I was going thru some of the workbooks I have brought the girls over the years. There were some books that still had good pages left, so I torn them out. I decided to have a little fun with the girls. Erin is suppose to be working on math, she is at a 2nd grade level with math. So I ran a 4 math pages for the girls. Sat the at the table and they had a contest to see who can get them done and right first. they were rewarded with quaters, dimes, nickels and pennies. Erin doesn't really want to do school work unless she is in school, she is hard to motivate her and with the hectic schedule, I haven't been able to be as demanding of her doing it, tonight worked out great for her and everyone.
Jenny won, she got a couple of the sheets all correct the first try and got bonuses because of that. Monika usually only had one wrong. Katie and Erin struggle, but they managed to get it done and Erin even helped Katie on some of the problems.Since this was a spare of the moment event, I really didn't have any "prizes" ready. Normally I won't do award my kids for doing a 4 math pages, but I was wanting to get Erin to want to do some practicing and she also doesn't like to work on "homework" when her sisters are playing. I think some of it is self awareness as she seen what the other girls have to do for school and in some areas they are more advance then her. But tonight they were pretty equal. The prizes were they could keep the money they earned (Jenny won at $1.34 so it wasn't a huge amount of money). Mini concrete from Culvers, a small shake from Culvers, $0.50 or $1.00. Katie was disappointed with the money and did cry because she wanted Culvers, Erin told her to accept what she got and that maybe next time she would win. The girls asked to do it again on Thursday, I told them we have plans and gymnastics, so perhaps Friday during the day we will do it. Now I have to see if I can figure out grammer one for Erin and the girls.
I am also looking for idea for "special projects" for the girls to do. The younger ones are saving up for DS 3d and with their weekly allowance, they wouldn't be able to buy it until next spring and then games on top of it. Erin is starting to get into more fashion like things and want some things that are more expensive. Katie and Erin are able to mow the grass and do get paid extra for allowance on that. Part of their allowance is helping around the house, so doing dishes/setting table/collecting the garbage/vaccuming...etc...is already part of it. If you have any ideas, let me know.
Also asking for prayers as I search for a possible new church. The church that I found for Erin this spring, lost some of the deaf kids. The classmate moved to Fairbult deaf school, and the other girls are in the older kids group, so the "hang time" for the teens in Erin age, there isn't anyone deaf in that group other then the youth minister. I do have feelers out at one church that some friends and distant cousins that go there and they are deaf. Ever since Erin went to the deaf camp, she is a little more open about Jesus, she doesn't want to sit and talk about Jesus, but if something is mentioned about Jesus, she doesn't react negative about it and she will sometime bring something up that she learned about Jesus. She also received a bible from the deaf camp (I just recently found that out.), which she keeps on her window sill and has a book mark in it. It is more of a simple children bible that is layed out in a picture/comic way. Today her dad was here and when he is around she stays in her room as she doesn't want no part of him. She told me after he left, that she got "bored" and read about Jesus. Her grammer is still way behind, but she is improving slowly.

No comments:
Post a Comment