The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Monday, August 29, 2011

why, why, why, why,why,why.......

Why
Why
Why
Why
Why
Why
Why
Why
Toddlers when they learn to talk, say "why" a lot, I do recall Monika, Katie and Jenny asking a lot of basic "why" questions which can be answer basic.  I thought I was done with this stage for years to come.
For the past two weeks, I have been asked "why" 20 to 30 times if not more a day and it not coming from a toddler.  It is coming from a teenager.
This is Erin's newest favorite word (I saying it is her favorite word as she uses it so much).  Sometimes is to the point that she wears thin on my patiences.  Sometimes it is hard to answer the more in depth question of "Why".  Perhaps she is asking these "why" because she is thinking more, she has the freedom to just observe things, to ponder on things, to wondering about things instead of having to rely on survival instances and wonder if she is going to be safe and fed for the time being.  On the way home from my parents place, we spent about 30 minutes on why do cars have review mirrors, each answer I gave her, she took that answer, and added another question to it.  Last week I was watching a birthing show and Erin joined me.  This show had the top 10 birthing stories on it.  Erin asked a lot of "Why"   on how they got pregnant and why they were doing things the way they were.  I do feel this was a good learning experience with her as she has a lot of conflict facts about the wonderful making of a baby, relationships and the male role in it.
She is almost always asking me "Why" on things I am doing, whether it is around the house, writing something, going somewhere etc.  As I am grateful that she is being more observant and is feeling more comfortable asking questions and wanting to learn "why"things are the way they are or done the way they are, I need to working on being more open minded when she firing the questions at me and wanting more then just a basic answer for those "why" questions. 
It got to be a wonderful feeling for her to be able to learn new things, to feel comfortable to ask questions that other people might think are "dumb","stupid" or "you should know that".  I just need to remind myself to take a deep breath and try to answer the best I can.  Jesus will be sitting on my shoulder to help me as I know he is always is with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment