Wednesday night, Monika and Katie's gymnastic center had a sleep over. This was Monika second time and Katie's first time. They start out with a pizza party.
Once they are all done eating, they break into groups of 5 or 6 and get assisgned to a station.Monika getting her nails done
Katie getting her face painted
Erin helping out with doing hair, she did a coupld of girls then got tired of it.
Katie dressed up as a witch
Monika now dressing up
Once done with the dress up it was onto making your own sundaes
Katie working on decorating her flipflop
Kate spraying her shirt
Monika gettings some air time on the tampoline
making silly faces after doing the animal walk
backward bridge walking on the animal game
Hand game
Duck Duck Grey duck
Erin's "Love" game
All the girls that stayed overnight, there were more girls but not all stayed overnight
Monika all tired out
Breakfast time
Fun in the pit.
This was the second year that Monika and I have particapated in the sleepover. Katie was joining for the first time. Erin came with because I couldn't leave her home alone. She wasn't very happy about it, but didn't really complain before we left. When we first got there, it was pizza time, all the kids were talking among themselves and I was talking to some of the moms. Erin then made comments about everyone is hearing and she is the only deaf one. I had explained this to her a few times and she has gone with me to pick up the girls in the past and seen the people before. She got her food and went and sat by herself. Monika on her own got up and sat next to her and talked with her. I was so proud of her, for her to leave her friends and sit with Erin on her own. Erin and Monika butt heads the most and I think tolerate each other most of the time. When the girls all started to divide up into groups and go to the stations. I told Erin she could do whatever she wanted to do as I was helping out. She was unsure of what to do for a little bit, and then asked if she could do hair, which the hair person was relief. Once she did that a couple of times, she got into it and started doing everything else except for the dress up and animal walk. When it was time to go to bed, unfortnautely the lights don't turn all the way off, so it was hard to get the kids to settle down. I had Monika sleeping next to me and Erin next to her. Katie slept in a tent with her friends. I turned my back on Monika and to read as I thought Monika would go to sleep (it was 12:30 in the morning). I felt some movement and looked over my shoulder, Erin and Monika were talking. I was so tempted to tell them to go to bed, but decided that I would let them take this time and bond. I really enjoy getting together with the gymnastic families and learning more about the kids. I think it helps the kids to be able to have some fun time with each other and not all about practice and competition. There is only a small handful (less then 10 I think) of teens/tweens. They are so good with the younger kids and are great role models. I grateful to the Lord for giving the kids this chance to be just kids with their coaches and peers.

No comments:
Post a Comment