Today Katie had another follow up appt for her ear. Jenny was going with to the appt to see if the surgeon thought she could have the surgery.
Dr Walsh has such an awesome rapport with the girls and myself. He was running a hour late because he got called to do an unschedule surgery. He was very sorry, but still have a smile on his face and joked with the girls. He looked at Katie's ear and said it looking just perfect at this stage of game. He gave the ok for the next surgery in Feb and said have her come in 2 weeks before the surgery. He then took more pictures of her face and ear. He then moved onto Jenny, got right in her face, got the serious look, said sorry, but I want you to grow some more. Jenny face just fell, she looked so defeated. Dr. Walsh said to her, We will get there, just want your ribs bigger. He did say that when Katie comes in before her surgery, she can come too and we will see at that time. She defeatly said I am never going to have my surgery. He said, I promise you, I will do your surgery, I just want it to be perfect and you need to have bigger ribs. He then noticed that she was missing her two front teeth, made a comment and then said, can I take some pictures of it, she said yes and he was joking around with her and getting her to laugh. When we left, she was smiling again. Once in the car and it was quiet, you could tell it was weighing very heavily on her mind. I was going to take both Monika and Jenny Christmas shopping, Dave said he would take Jenny with him, to give her some 1:1 and extra attention. I think it helped her a lot. I just pray that she won't start acting out. I did talk to her in the van on the way home and said to her that I was so sorry and I know you are sad. Jenny kept saying I am not going to ever grow. I truly pray that she will grow in the next month and half. I didn't ask the doctor how much she needed to grow, Katie is 4 inches taller, so we will see.
I haven't gotten any more hugs from Erin. But she is different, she allows me to touch her now and I given her some shoulder hugs (facing each other and I place a hand on each shoulder and give it a little squeeze). She is more calmer, she is being more tolerant to Dave, she will actually not retreat to her room the minute he is in the door. She has had a couple times this past week when he has been here at the house and she has stayed in the living room. So she is moving forward, hopefully it will stay that way and not take 3 or 4 steps backwards.
I pray that Jenny will grow enough so she can have the surgery and I will continue to thank God for giving me the wonderful early Christmas present from Erin, That Jesus is showing Erin how to Love, to trust.
11 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment