This has been a week that many baby and big steps have happen. We spend Thanksgiving weekend at my parents, my brother and his family were there. The 5 younger kids got along for 2 1/2 days, with no fighting or anything, which is a rarity. It was so nice and relaxing. Definately needed after power shopping on Friday. Speaking of shopping the day after Thanksgiving. This year it was so much fun. I recall last year when we went, Erin and I had one of difficult days as she wasn't being a nice person at all and was treating me pretty horrible, I am so grateful that it is no longer the case.

Sunday we got home shortly before bedtime. Erin asked to play this game (we got it on Bl*ck Friday and the younger kids played it up at my parent's place). I decided to let the kids stay up a little past their bedtime and us 5 played the game. It was so much fun, the girls had to sign the questions to Erin, Erin would voice "no" really good, she also tried to do a little bit of voicing while signing the questions. She was patient with her sister's signing and it was awesome. Thank you Lord. After the game was done, I informed the girls it was time to go to bed. Erin ON HER OWN walked up to Monika and gave her a big hug, the look on Monika's face was priceless. Erin doesn't hug her sisters very often and if she does, it is because they approached her first. She didn't give her other sisters hugs, but did say goodnight to them and to me. Monika and Erin bud head frequently, so it really surprised me, but I am glad. She did it again on Tuesday and Wednesday. What a great big baby step that was for Erin to do that. I know I have to continue to be parent and wait until Erin will do the same for me, I am so excited thogh as this is a step in the right direction.
Monday, Katie went back to the surgeon who took out the rest of her stitches out and the surgeon said it looks great. She doesn't need to go back for another month. He said the only restriction she has, can't go swimming until her drainage hole on her head heals. He was ok with her going back to Gymnastic eventhough she was only 11 days post- op, he explained to us about her listening to her body and if she is having discomfort or pain, that she needs to stop gymnastic. So she went to Gymnastic Monday night and managed well. She couldn't do some of the routinue because it caused rib pain. Her coaches along with me are very proud of her. She did even better on Wednesday....She is almost back to the old Katie before the surgery. Now we just have to work on the glasses part.
Jenny is doing really well lately. She has done well with Katie's surgery. We have been having issues with Jenny the last couple of month of her seeking out attention. It didn't matter how much attention including a lot of 1:1, she was managing to find ways to "get attention" but it was the negative kind. It didn't matter if we phrased her or anything, she kept acting out. She hasn't been for the last couple of weeks, she been helping out, not trying to be sneaky and not saying hurtful things which is very good for her, hopefully we can continue on this streak.
Thursday night Dave, I and his mom drove down to Jade's college and listen to her sing in the St. Olaf College Christmas Festival. This Concert is so popular that they were broadcasting it in movie thearters around the country. Again it was absolutely beauitful. Afterwards we went back to her room and visit for a little while. She is doing so awesome.
Monika had her second meet today. She had to miss school which I wasn't really happy about. I managed to do Monika's hair similar to how Erin had it for the first meet. I fogot my memory card for my camera and my dear friend who has taken the mock meet and 1st offical meet for Monika wasn't there tonight to take ppictures, I am so bummed out. On the flipside, I was able to video record her and just have to figure out how to put it on and so forth. The first meet Monika fell off the beam and hurt herself. This time she did it. She did all of her routinues and didn't miss any of them. She scored high on the vault again and we are starting to think that is her strong routinue. Monika really enjoyed herself at this meet.

No comments:
Post a Comment