The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Saturday, December 31, 2011

It is an icy day

In Minnesota, you have to have snow on Christmas.  Some people me disagree with me, but I enjoy the snow (that is after it is plowed out) and look forward to our weekend at my parent's place after Christmas to celebrate with my family.  They have a nice hill that isn't to big that you get tired fast.  This year we had two snowboards that were broughten at garage sales and the kids were looking forward to it.  We also take the snowmobile out.  This year we had a brown Christmas on Christmas day.  When we arrived to my parents place the ice was like a mirror.  This has been a subtitute for the snow....Ice skating.  The girls and I haven't skated for over 2 years and I thought they would have problems.  Jenny was a little slow in getting the hang of it.  and this was Erin's first time out there.  We spend over 4 hours out on the lake.  The weather was awesome and we were having a blast.  I have been working on posting this since Wednesday.  My picture uploader wasn't working very well, so I am a few days behind.
Koudai getting a ride from Monika, Katie and Cassie

Ice fishing.  He isn't haven't any luck
Monika enjoying hockey playing.  We never done hockey before

Dad got the go cart out.  Koudai had a blast on the ice with it and enjoyed taking the girls for rides

Cassie enjoyed her ride
Katie checking out the ice

Monika checking out the hockey stick
Cassie helping Erin get used to ice skating as this was her first time.

I giving Erin a push on the chair

Monika and Cassie

Ms. Defenseman Cassie
Koudai gave the girls pushes on this slide.  Katie chasing Monika

Erin first skates by herself, she was pretty nervous but did it.
Cassie walking along the side of Erin


Koudai pushing the girls around

It was a very fun day, Erin was very comfortable with Koudai and allow him to push her around while she was sitting in the chair.  There is improvement since the misunderstanding was resolved a couple of weeks ago. I continue to be grateful of this discovery and in awe how much it has made a difference for Erin.

No comments:

Post a Comment