The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Friday, December 16, 2011

I have waited..........

I have waited 400 days
I have waited 1 year 1 month and 5 days
I have waited 9,600 hours
I have waited 576,000 minutes (almost exact)
I have waited 34,567,000 seconds
for this to happen again.
I have ache and longed for this
I have prayed and been patience
I have given space and not step into it
I have asked a couple times and
got "no" from her.
Tonight at 9.24 PM
it all changed.
Erin has been attending a bible class 2-3 times a month on Friday nights
the class is for teens and they are either hard of hearing or deaf.
There are boys and girls there.
She has been slowly learning about Jesus and God
One of the teachers knows a little bit about Erin's history,
so she has been using some examples to help Erin.
A week and half ago, I wrote about "so so like" mom that Erin wrote.
Tonight I picked her up after her bible night,
tonight they went to a naviaty play.
They had a lot of fun.
We went to Walmart to pick up a couple of things
We are walking in the parking lot.
Erin stops
puts her arms up like someone that wants to be picked up
I stopped
she turns
I turn
She steps towards me
I froze
she puts her arms around my shoulder and pats
I lift my arms to give her a patted hug
she lets go and start walking.
I want to jump for joy
I wanted to cry tears of joy
I wanted to scream to the world
I wanted to call someone to celebrate
I wanted reverse and play back again and again
Instead I got to do it all inside me
while walking around in Walmart in a daze
Acting like it was no big deal
because I didnt' want to scare her
Wanted to call people but couldn't
I thank God over and over and over.
Thank you Lord, for this gift to her
for her to feel comfortable enough to give me
a hug all on her own in Walmart
parking lot. 
Giving her another opening in her heart.

8 comments:

  1. That's fabulous Sue!! I can imagine how overjoyed you are and I'm praying that those hugs start coming more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That brought tears to my eyes! You are such a wonderful & patient woman, all that you have gone through in the past year, I know this moment was a defining one for both you & Erin...Hugs to you, Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Sue. Thanks for sharing this precious moment.

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tears of joy for you Sue. You are such an amazing person, and your patience paid off. Love you sweet woman!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for calling and sharing it with me. I know and understand how long it has been, but has felt longer. She is coming along, you are doing so good with her. We will continue to pray that she finds her way to God and to you and Dave.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the best Christmas present you could have ever gotten. I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praise God! Sue this is wonderful and your words to tell the story are a delight! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is WONDERFUL!!! Oh how precious that is. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete