Last night was Friday night before my weekend to work. Dave usually takes the 3 younger girls and has them for the weekend with him. I had taken the weekend off because Monika has a gymnastic competition. I found out after I took the weekend off that it isn't until Sunday, so I am off today. We decided since that girls gymnastic schedule is so crazy on Saturdays, I would do some of it and Dave's mom would do the other part because it is Tax season and Dave is working today. Before he came over, I explained to all the girls that they were staying home one more night and that Dad was going to come over and hang out with them and put them to bed. I also explained to Erin that the girls wanted to play a game with all of us. She asked which game and I told her this:
The girls and I really enjoy playing this game. We also have the sour version, but it is a little inappropriate for the younger ones, but it comes with a apple spinner that they really like. So we used that spinner with the Jr game. I was expecting Erin not to play since it involved us being in a small circle and Dave playing. When we were ready to play, she sat down across from Dave. She wasn't not her usually silly girl playing it, but she played, had some laughs and did look at Dave when he tried to sign the words and so forth. She stayed in the living room the whole time he was here, she didn't try to dominate my attention the whole time. When it was time for the younger girls to go to bed, she went in to their bedroom to say good night. Dave came in, she stayed in a few more minutes and played with Jenny while Dave said good night to others. Monika really notice how big of a deal this was, she was very excited that we got to do a family night of games that both dad and mom and all of them played. Now all we needed was Jade to be home.
It was a nice evening and I thank the Lord that Erin is feeling more comfortable or at least trying very hard to open her heart to Dave. She still doesn't really understand why the girls hang all over him when they are around him, I feel she is seeing that he isn't a horrible person she once thought he was.

No comments:
Post a Comment