As I reflect back this past year, it seem sometimes things that happen is ancient history and other times it seems like it just happen this past week.
The uncertainities I was feeling with becoming a single parent to 4 girls still home.
The uncertainties of one daughter hating me and especially hating her dad.
Not knowing how the other 3 girls would handle the change in their lives.
To having a good system down with being a single mom,
still friends with Dave and being able to do family things still,
the three younger girls have handle the change in their lives pretty good
and Erin no longer hating us. She doesn't care for her dad, but she doesn't hate him.
Monika continues to grow and learn more and more every day. She continues to be the deep thinker and feeling are very senstitive. She started competition gymnastics. She has taken on singing all the time and even doing her gymnastic routinue in her sleep. She still tries to be the boss to her sisters and cousin and they don't take it much anymore. She has a challenging teacher this year that has raised the bar for her.
Katie has had a big year as she is going through physical transition. Her ear is doing remarkable and she is excited to be starting the next group in gymnastic and prepare for competition with her sister in the fall. She continues to want to be with mom as much as possible and is so good about doing her homework and getting her spelling words right.
Jenny remains as the chef in the family. Eventhough the 2011 year end on a sad note for her as she has to wait for her surgery longer then she thought, she is excited about knowing this year she will have her surgery. I don't think she realize how long a year is yet. She started gymnastic and moved up a group after the first session.
Erin has been the roller coaster for us. She has given me a run for my money. She has taught me to not take little or big things for granted, to be grateful when I "earn" another milestone from her. Our relationship has steadily improving all of 2011 and and I look forward to what 2012 has in store for her. She has been doing so awesome the last 5 days at my parent's place. She has been hanging out with her 2 cousin's boyfriends (both are in their 20's). She been very receptive of them and even went on a go cart ride with one of them. She is being more attentive to her two uncles and when her dad was up here over night she was acting more nicer around him. She would stay in the room and even got a close to him a couple of time.
Jade is having the time of her life at college and is so happy. She finished a big choir concert and is looking foward to more concerts and figuring out where she going to go visit next on her next break. She is enjoying her classes, even when they are very demanding. She has some great relationships with her professiors, has a great roommate.
I am grateful that I am learning more and more every day about my Savior, how he would like me to live, how to rely on him. His presences has helped me get through both the good and dark times. He gives me the strength I need to start the day, keeping going during the day and winding down at night.
With my Savior with me, I know I will be able to handle what each day brings to me in 2012.

You have a lot on your plate however you are managing very well. Happy New Year and God Bless you for your patience and guidance.
ReplyDelete