This morning, I checked my email and found an email from LingLing (Julie). She has been Jenny's dance teacher for the past two years. She has decided it was time for her to move on with her life and she is resigning from teaching dancing at CAAM. LingLing has been a very positive influence on Jenny and I feel the other dancers too. The pictures that are posted are from last spring dance rectial. The other dancer is a dear friend of ours that is also dancing with Jenny this year. When Jenny first started to dance, I don't think she knew anything about it, she has always wanted to do things different from Monika and Katie. Jenny has learned so much from Lingling and at the recital LingLing felt her class of 3-5 year olds knew their stuff that she let them do their piece without any guidence from her and they did awesome. She has so much pride and confidence in her girls (as I am sure in all the other girls/classes that she does). Jenny has really blossom since starting to dance and I think she feels proud to be doing something that is just for her and she doesn't have to share it with anyone. Lately (the past couple of months) she has been doing more dance moves that she has learned in dancing and combining it with Kung Fu Panda movie moves. It is quite cute. LingLing also has allow Monika and Katie (along with other siblings) to be in the studio and dance in a little area, so Monia and Katie have also been able to do some dancing too, althought they don't get to play with the ribbons or fans....she will be saddly missed by everyone, but I do wish her the best of luck. The news also really put me in a hard spot. They day of Jenny's dance recital is also LingLing's last day. My neice Jessica is also getting married on that day. She lives over two hours away. Originally the plan was Dave was going to stay down with Jenny and record the dance. I was going up north. Now I will probably keep it that way, but saddens me that I won't be able to wish her farwell.
On a happier note. Jade had another awesome trimester at school, and is so far enjoying her classes, has a couple of teacher that she has had before, so that helps her. She is also studying for her ACT examines next weekend, say a prayer for her. She also was has been taking horse back riding lessons since the middle of Jan. with my sister, her husband and their daughte (who is the same age as Jade). The horse place asked Jade last week to be in their Spring show. It is a great honor for her especially since she didn't have much of any experience with horseback riding before joining them and it is a very rare thing for them to ask someone to be in the show when they just joined horseback riding. Monika and Katie have their conferences next Wednesday. Katie is really catching on reading words, Monika continues to exceed in her learnings. Now off to get jenny and go to playgroup.

I was bummed to hear about LingLing, Kaitlyn just adores her!
ReplyDelete