March 30th, 2005
It was my day off from work. Dave was sleeping (he worked nights at UPS). Monika was playing in the living room when our social worker called around 10A. Once we made small talk, she said in a very serious tone of voice, that the decision had been made regarding our request. She continues and states that the CCAA agreed to you having one child....she pauses...I am starting to get teary eye, because I am thinking we can't have both of them. She then says or you can have both of them. The moments after that are a blur of being in shock. After a moment or two, I am getting all the information that I needed to start the paperwork. We hadn't done any stuff for the dossier until we knew if we were getting one or two. I went in the bedroom and woke Dave up and told him we have two new daughters. He just stared at me, trying to absorb what I am telling him. Then we called Monika in the room and told her she has two sisters in China. (we hadn't told Monika anything about Katie and Jenny until we knew). We only had pictures of them when Katie was 6 months old and Jenny was 4 months old. That night we were attending an meeting at our agency for toddler attachment. So we arrived right when it started. The director of the orphanage handed us a envelope that had the updated pictures and information on Katie and Jenny. That was a hard couple of hours to hold that envelope and not be able to open it. The when the meeting was over, we finally opened it and got to see pictures of them at a year old. (March 2005 they were 20 months and 18 months old). They had grown so much.
It is amazing how much they have grown in those 4 years. I was going to post pictures of their referral, but can't find them at the moment. Will post when I find them.
11 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment