The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Introducing Erin Guiju

We are proud to announce the newest addition to our family Erin Guiju Barrett.


She is currently 12 1/2 years old. The pictures above are 2-3 years old. We are currently waiting and were told it could take up to several weeks to get an updated file and pictures. Her current file is 2 years old and was done when she was 10 1/2 years old. Her middle name is her Chinese name which means elegant chrysanthemum. According to her file, she is consider deaf. She enter a deaf and mute boarding school at the age of 6 and spends most of her time there. They described her as clever and sensible with a readily smile (can tell that in the pictures). She likes to read and draw and is proactive with her homework (lets hope she still is). She enjoys outdoor and going downtown (not sure what that means about downtown) She like toy kitty and puppy, which means I have another person in the house that will work on me to get a dog.
Last night I had dreams about her being her. For some reason, the first time I met her was at a go cart amusement place. Dave and her showed up in a limo. We had a big party at the amusement park. Erin got in the go kart and crashed into a wall and she was laughing. I have no idea why we were there, I can still hear her laughing. I pray to the Lord that Erin is doing good, that she will be happy when she finds out that she has a mom, dad and 4 sisters along with all the wonderful family and friends. I have faith that it will all work out, that we will make/raise the remaining money that we need, I know that God has it all worked out and knows exactly how we are going to bring her home even though I don't know all of it yet, but am prepared to see what he has to show us. The next step is now the LOI (Letter of Intent). We are hoping to have it done by Monday. We also was assigned our social worker for the homestudy.

3 comments:

  1. Yippee!! She is beautiful!! I am so so happy for all of you!! She will love your family and especially her new Mom and Dad- although it does take the older children a little while to warm up to their new parents!!

    I know what you mean when you say- "I'm not quite sure how we will do it " Somehow the Lord intervenes and it all works out! (we're counting on that!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue,

    She is absolutely beautiful! It's so great to see her photos.
    I was just thinking a couple of days ago that I would love to see her picture. Thanks for sharing!
    Oh yes, God will work out every detail and he will hold her tight and keep her safe until you can come for her.

    Something tells me you will have a wonderful Thanksgiving. So much to celebrate.

    Congratulations! She's a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH! How exciting that she seems to be getting closer every day.

    ReplyDelete