11 months ago
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
A ladybug
Sunday Night into Monday morning I had a hard time with sleeping. I had no problems falling asleep. Staying asleep was a different story. I woked up every 1/2 hour to an hour feeling something wasn't right. I don't know what was wrong but it was a startled wake up and I would feel like something wasn't right. Thankfully Dave was home otherwise I would have thought there was an intruder or something. All day at work I was feeling off and not sure what was going on. I felt sadden. I spoke to Dave on and off all day, thinking he would solve it. Was hoping for phone call from Madison saying they got an update on Erin, then started thinking something bad had happen. We are also waiting for paperwork from Crossroads to start the homestudy. I never figure out why I was feeling uneasy and waiting for something bad to happen. I was even talking to God a lot more Monday, almost pleading with him not to let anything happen that would jeopardize us bringing home Erin. I got home around supper time to a very lively house. Everyone was in a great mood. It helped me a little bit, but still was feeling down. As we are getting ready to sit down at the table, I see something out of the corner of my eye flying around. It landed on the lightbulb.
It was a beautiful bright red with lots and lots of black spots on it. It's eye were huge and white. I took that lady bug in my hand, it crawled up to my wrist and onto of one of the Jade beads on my bracelet and just made a home. Something about seeing that ladybug made be feel better. It is amazing how the Lord gives little signs or something to let you know it is ok. Perhaps this ladybug had nothing to do it, maybe it is all just in my head, but that is ok, it gave me security and relief and I was able to enjoy the night more and slept very well last night now. Thank you Lord for the gift.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I don't believe in coincidences like that. I believe that God sends even the smallest of reminders that He is present and has His hand on all of your worries. Even a little ladybug can speak volumes.
ReplyDeleteWow! It too believe in God's presence and in letting us know, even in the smallest ways (a ladybug) that he is always with us, especially when we need him most! Hang in there . . . Erin will be home soon!
ReplyDelete